Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BC vs. W&M vs. Fordham  (Read 713 times)

legalprincesa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
BC vs. W&M vs. Fordham
« on: December 14, 2005, 06:48:07 PM »
All three of these schools are ranked the same by US News.  They all seem to have decently strong programs.  What is the difference between them?  Ups and downs?  Is one better than the others? 

In other words...what's the deal?
BC Law class of 2009!

lawstudent3

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: BC vs. W&M vs. Fordham
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 07:05:17 PM »
What GJ said.  Also, BC's name probably carries the best out of the three.  Fordham is really a NY school and not too many grads leave the area.  If you don't think you want to be in NYC or are unsure, I'd go elsewhere.  W&M is more for mid-atlantic and/or DC if you do well.  BC good for Boston, obviously, and probably elsewhere if you do well.

legalprincesa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 07:07:21 PM »
What GJ said.  Also, BC's name probably carries the best out of the three.  Fordham is really a NY school and not too many grads leave the area.  If you don't think you want to be in NYC or are unsure, I'd go elsewhere.  W&M is more for mid-atlantic and/or DC if you do well.  BC good for Boston, obviously, and probably elsewhere if you do well.

Thanks.  That's what I thought, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't completely off base. 
BC Law class of 2009!

Fred Hits

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 12:45:31 PM »
yeah i agree with whats said- its mostly a market question and i suppose what type of place you want too
all 3 are very diff
tho i do think bc is prob the best out of the group (tho best in this context is very very minor- but bc has always been a top 22 or so ranked school until last year) and w&m is a close 2- i know fordham has been trying to spread their rep outside nyc so if they are successful with that then who knows

AH

• LSD Obsessed
  • but you're a hippo!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 12:28:06 AM »
What's great about BC is that they have exchanges with other schools in Boston, so that if they don't offer something you culd take it at Suffolk, BU, or even Harvard (though there's more paperwork for H, of course).

I think W&M stands out for their ConLaw program and faculty.  Also, their institutes and programs: http://www.wm.edu/law/institutesprograms/.

I echo what other posters have said also, it's mainly location and placement.

Quote from: Stanley James Watson III
I <3 AH.
the official gettin' busy poster of the OPC!
Official Realistic Numbers Holder of the Revolution
Quote from: Groundhog
honorary fellow LSD rodent.
www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=arhodg