Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: to apply or not to apply--HELP  (Read 483 times)

fpotus

• View Profile
to apply or not to apply--HELP
« on: December 14, 2005, 06:23:05 PM »
It has come to that point where I am totally freaked out that I only applied to schools who cannot wait to send me a rejection letter.  So I am thinking of applying to a few more schools.  The great question, and it has been asked before, is where?  Here are a few I am looking at.  I would love to know anyone's thoughts on subjects such as my chances ( i know you are all tired of that) chances of transferring out and comparisons of the schools --you can check out where I have already applied to and my stats at lsn.

American
Catholic
U of Maryland
U of Baltimore
New England School of Law
Suffolk
Northeastern
Hofstra
Syracuse
St. John's
Seton Hall
Duquese
U of Pitt
Vermont

I cannot and will not apply to all of these---my husband might just kill me. 

adjoabee

Re: to apply or not to apply--HELP
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 07:25:54 PM »
I think you should have at least 2 schools where you're sure you would get in. There old adage of not putting all your eggs in one basket is true. Don't stress out, apply to AL2 and you may even get in a few of those on your list
Good luck

loddus

• ICQ Messenger - 3702699
    • View Profile
    • Boobscan
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 08:13:05 PM »
Might I suggest University of Iowa.  They are 22 on USNWR and with your stats you have a good chance of admittance.

Man:"Good day Number 6."
Number 6:"Number what?"
Man:"Six. For official purposes, everyone has a number. Your's is Number 6."
Number 6:"I am not a number. I am a person."
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=loddus

fpotus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 08:37:18 PM »
I am set on the east coast.  I have to get out of this whole bible belt midwest thing

I think you should have at least 2 schools where you're sure you would get in. There old adage of not putting all your eggs in one basket is true. Don't stress out, apply to AL2 and you may even get in a few of those on your list
Good luck

What is AL2?

fpotus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 08:49:47 PM »
It may help someone who wants to give me advice to know that I am interested in corporate transaction work and international enviromental (&maritime) law.  Of course that may change tomorrow, but there it is for what it is worth

fpotus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 05:10:43 PM »
ok, maybe no one wants to put that much thought into it.  How about New England School of Law versus Suffolk or Duquese versus U of Pitt (how is thier MBA program?)

RockyMarciano

• Sr. Citizen
  • Invading Ithaca this Fall
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 05:37:07 PM »
I think Vermont is pretty good for environmental law. I believe that is what my pre-law advisor told me but I do not quote me on that.

Have you been out of school for awhile? Did you write an addendum for your grades?

I think that Catholic would take you in a second among others on your list like Hofstra.
I think that you should probably send out an app to American. You do have a chance there. You are above their 75% LSAT and below their 25% GPA. Also, I think there is a High LSAT/ LOW GPA thread somewhere on this board. They may have some better information for you.

Lastly, I do not see UCONN, Cardozo, and Brooklyn rejecting you.

Best of luck
www.cpixel.com is the ghetto myspace

avvocato

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2005, 11:46:41 AM »
ok, maybe no one wants to put that much thought into it.  How about New England School of Law versus Suffolk or Duquese versus U of Pitt (how is thier MBA program?)

The MBA program is strong. Pitt Law students can also apply for a joint MBA through Carnegie Mellon, which is an even better program.

Check this link for more info:
http://www.law.pitt.edu/academics/joint_deg.php

JPhilmore

• Sr. Citizen
  • This actually is me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2005, 11:51:51 AM »
I think Vermont is pretty good for environmental law. I believe that is what my pre-law advisor told me but I do not quote me on that.

Have you been out of school for awhile? Did you write an addendum for your grades?

I think that Catholic would take you in a second among others on your list like Hofstra.
I think that you should probably send out an app to American. You do have a chance there. You are above their 75% LSAT and below their 25% GPA. Also, I think there is a High LSAT/ LOW GPA thread somewhere on this board. They may have some better information for you.

Lastly, I do not see UCONN, Cardozo, and Brooklyn rejecting you.

Best of luck

Vermont has an excellent environmental law program, one of the top ranked (if not the top) in the nation.  I actually agree with everything else he said.  Sorry about the bad news so far, but it will get better.....
"Imagine the future; Woke up with a scream
I was buying some feelings from a vending machine"

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=JPhilmore