Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Senior Transcripts  (Read 590 times)

ZinnMaster

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ianny1982
    • View Profile
Senior Transcripts
« on: December 14, 2005, 02:32:39 PM »
I graduate in two days. All of my applications have been sent out and are currently "complete." What is the process for this semesters grades? Does LSAC automatically send them to all the schools? Do I have to send an updated transcript to LSAC? Can I just not do anything? Do the law schools expect to see something from this semester?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Whole Lotta Love: Pittsburgh ($), Syracuse ($$), Case Western, Depaul, New York Law ($$), Penn State ($$), Chicago-Kent   
Bring It On Home: Northeastern(WL), Chicago-Loyola(WL),  Brooklyn
Heartbreaker: Georgetown, George Washington, American

snikrep

Re: Senior Transcripts
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 02:47:24 PM »
Have your school send an updated transcript - when LSAC gets it, they will automatically send out an updated report to all the schools with your new grades added.

If you have bad grades, you could try delaying a while - but technically you're supposed to update your app with any new information ASAP.

ZinnMaster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 03:32:50 PM »
Thanks,

Ya, my grades this semester aren't exactly where I want them to be. Hopefully they won't change things too much.
Whole Lotta Love: Pittsburgh ($), Syracuse ($$), Case Western, Depaul, New York Law ($$), Penn State ($$), Chicago-Kent   

ZinnMaster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 05:44:33 PM »
Thanks for the advice. I think that is the best way to do it, I just don't want schools getting upset that I am "keeping" information from them. With that being said, I doubt they care, plus it's not like I got all D's or something, my semester just wasn't good enough to raise my stats, and might lower the gpa a very small amount.

heybrent

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 09:27:48 PM »
If you are already complete everywhere, I wouldn't mess with it.  You will have to send final transcripts to the school you decide to attend, but don't delay your decisions now by giving them more info that prolly isn't in your favor in the first place.

I believe than an earlier post suggested that sending in updated transcripts was actually *required*, just like other changes in your applications.  I would check the instructions of the law schools you are applying to to see if you are required to send them in.  You wouldnt want to be admitted only to have them call into question the fact that you didn't send an update in.

ZinnMaster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 11:12:12 PM »
bump. good question.

practiceboy02

• Sr. Citizen
  • Still misbehaving in law school
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 10:52:45 AM »
All schools more or less "require" fall transcripts.  In most certification statements, it says that it's your responsibility to inform the admissions office immediately if any information in your file changes.

azdezza

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2005, 11:38:49 AM »
It's required by NYU.  It's in bold on their LSAC Application Instructions.

John Galt

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2005, 11:45:41 AM »
i'm not sending any updates until I send the school I choose to attend my final transcript and proof of graduation.