Law School Discussion

UPenn Acceptance Vigil

Re: UPenn Acceptance Vigil
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2005, 08:53:10 AM »
Nice vigil, consider me joined.  I'm hoping for a deferral...their 25%ile has to come from somewhere, so why can't it be me?

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2005, 11:12:50 AM »
How does Penn rank on your lists? It's at the top of mine, a fact that makes the wait that much more stressful.

Penn is definitely one of my top three.  I loved it when I went to visit... its only flaw is that it's not in New York!  But I feel pretty confident that I'd be happy there.  :)

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2005, 11:33:01 AM »
Penn is definitely one of my top three.  I loved it when I went to visit... its only flaw is that it's not in New York!  But I feel pretty confident that I'd be happy there.  :)

Hahahaha that's the flaw about EVERYTHING in Philly...it's also why South Jersey residents have such inferiority complexes--their "the city" means Philly.

BFC

« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2005, 11:44:15 AM »

Hahahaha that's the flaw about EVERYTHING in Philly...it's also why South Jersey residents have such inferiority complexes--their "the city" means Philly.
[/quote]
As a former SJ resident, I disagree whole heartedly.  If there is an inferiority complex, it is a Delaware Valley wide issue.  There is nothing unique about the SJ element.

Cree83

• henry
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2005, 01:01:43 PM »
Penn's my first choice, and a pretty far reach for me.  I live in NYC now, and though I love it here, I'm kind of antsy to move on and start fresh in a new city.  So that flaw isn't a problem for me.

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2005, 03:22:12 PM »
I agree, Crec.  I can joke about SJ all I want, but growing up so close to NYC is what makes me want to go to school somewhere else...there ARE other cities.  Chicago is a great one, too, but I didn't choose to make a donation to either UChi or NU. 

Penn is a great school, I hope they think I'm great too.  One really cool thing about Penn is the college feel of the area, especially with Drexel right across the street.  It's also less expensive than NYC, but what isn't?

nukelaw

• Get your eagle on
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jimmydahat
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2005, 03:37:37 PM »
Deferred at Penn. Keep hope alive in '05.

Steve.jd

• I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2005, 05:27:59 PM »
I was not EA

eclair

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2005, 06:01:55 PM »
IN AT PENN! phone call at 6:30....

Steve.jd