Law School Discussion

Clinton Sowed Seeds of War!

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
Re: Clinton Sowed Seeds of War!
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2005, 01:29:25 PM »
Okay, I'll take the bait. What does the fact that Clinton wanted to go to war in Iraq have to do with whether or not the war was and is a terrible mistake grounded in false intelligence that has only made Americans more vulnerable to terrorism by creating a huge power vaccum in the middle east while at the same time generating MORE hatred for us than already existed in that region and around most of the rest of the world?

Politics are politics. If Clinton had pursued a war in Iraq I'm sure we'd see just as many democrats defending it as we do republicans today, and just as many republicans arguing against it. I fail to see how this 'fact' is supposed to affect any genuine discourse about the war.

yeah!  finally a savvy response.

aye would be backing clinton and supporting the troops if this were the case...
hussein NEEDED to be removed.

for the tribes in iraq.
for the neighbors of iraq.
for the world which relies on iraq.

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2005, 03:47:45 PM »
kurds = turds.

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2005, 04:24:20 PM »
I don't understand your logic bluewarrior.  Are you saying that because Clinton would have led us into war, that we should let Bush make the same mistake?

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2005, 07:49:42 PM »
I don't understand your logic bluewarrior.  Are you saying that because Clinton would have led us into war, that we should let Bush make the same mistake?

hussein was a threat when he marched into quwait and threatened to turn it into a "graveyard"...aye think the job was left unfinished...

he should have been removed back then...

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2005, 05:48:30 AM »
warmonger.

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2005, 09:29:26 AM »

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2005, 09:32:30 AM »

hussein was a threat when he marched into quwait and threatened to turn it into a "graveyard"...aye think the job was left unfinished...

This seems to be a new argument.  Now it is 'Bush Sr. messed up, Bush Jr. needs to finish the job.'  Before it seemed to be 'Clinton also wanted to oust this guy, and he must be right, because us conservatives sure know how right he is about everything.  Both Bush Jr. and Clinton can't together be wrong on the same thing.'

Help me out here.

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2005, 11:49:19 AM »
here you go:  stop trying to make sense of it.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2005, 11:56:48 AM »

This seems to be a new argument.  Now it is 'Bush Sr. messed up, Bush Jr. needs to finish the job.'  Before it seemed to be 'Clinton also wanted to oust this guy, and he must be right, because us conservatives sure know how right he is about everything.  Both Bush Jr. and Clinton can't together be wrong on the same thing.'

Help me out here.

well...hussein was a warmonger...those who oppose hussein are anti-warmongers...understand the difference...it really depends on your perception...

personally aye believe...hussein regime WAS as bad as hitler regime and mihilosovich regime...give or take some numbers...same ideology, though.

they were war-mongers...anyone opposed is an anti-warmonger...

do you understand that you are using the word incorrectly...at least perceptionally.

now that aye straightened you out on who the warmonger was...

the warmonger is no longer in power...he is on trial for murder and genocide...

hussein messed up when he marched into quwait and threatened to turn it into a "graveyard"...now...bush sr. and congress administrates to the problem. 1991.

however...hussein remained in power...the job was not completed until clinton and congress took a few jabs at hussein and bush jr. and congress finished the job and took hussein out...

lets see...as wars go...how many deaths?

iraqi people (including iraqi insurgents) voting for a parliment...

kurds in charge in kirkuk.

so...it wasn't a one two punch...hussein took a few...but he is gone now.

and aye am happy because the liberal puzzys did not de-rail anything.

hussein is gone...period.

and the people of iraq are going to struggle...but they are not having a "ruthless warmongering dictator" making their decisions for them.

understand now?

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2005, 01:22:02 PM »
As an Army veteran who served four tours of duty to the Persian Gulf, I think I'll make up my own mind who the warmongers are.

Hussein: Warmonger, genocidal murderer, etc.
Clinton: Warmonger, murderer, adulterer, etc.
Bush Jr: Warmonger, murderer, hypocrite, etc.

The only anti-warmongers I know much about are John Lewis, Mohandas Gandhi, and The Reverend, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.