Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law school in the Uk  (Read 1930 times)

uk_law_for_me

Law school in the Uk
« on: November 25, 2003, 03:12:19 PM »
Lo everyone, just wondering if anyone can give me any info whatsoever about law school in the uk. I realise this website is concerned mainly with US and canadian schools and students, just though someone out there might have some basic knowledge i could benefit from.

Now, heres my basic situation,

Im a 16 year old 11th grader, Sudanese nationality living in Egypt. I am about to complete my 12 years of highschool at the Int. School of Chouiefat (which would mean earning a certified US Highschool Diploma). I am about to do my sats, and so far my practice tests show a score of high 1300s to mid 1400s, in addition to that i plan to do Sat 2s in Writing, Math and Biology. Furthermore im also hoping to add to that 3-4 APs during my senior year.

What id really like to know is this:

1.How easily can i expect to find placement in a good UK law school. (Oxford, Cambridge, Manchester, Nottingham)

2.What else should I do in highschool to improve my chances.

3.What do i need to do to secure a job after i graduate, one in the UK that is.

4.Am i eligible for the sponsored Law Society Certification programs, Im not sure what the technical term is, but basically the courses one takes after finishing law school that are sponsored by a firm that takes you on from ur 2nd year in law school.

5.How much money can one expect to make in the first few years  ;D ?

I s'pose thats about it, I really would appreciate it if anyone had anything to say about any of this, quite literally, sources out there are really scarce and i need to know all that i can possibly know. Any general information on the Uk Law school system would be truly and honestly appreciated. Thanks again fellow legals, heh,....

Good luck to us all

-Hatim Eltayeb

londongirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Law school in the Uk
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 05:54:49 PM »
I'm a UK student at Oxford, and want to do law in the states. if you still check this website, email me, because I have all the information you require.
Best wishes,
me