Law School Discussion

Any Nigerians Out There?

Re: Any Nigerians Out There?
« Reply #150 on: March 30, 2008, 02:27:06 AM »
Hey vyolet, how did your application cycle go.

lalalagirl007

• fierceness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 30, 2008, 03:41:38 PM »
Igbo---HOLLA!

« Reply #152 on: April 03, 2008, 06:23:44 PM »
For those applying this cycle, where are you attending/thinking of attending?

I'd torn between DePaul and W&L...I really want to go to Howard but haven't heard back from them  ???

« Reply #153 on: April 04, 2008, 01:02:43 PM »
does the W&L mean Washington and Lee? if it does then I would advise you to take it since it is really good. Hey do any of you know if any law firms in nigeria take volunteer- unlikely but just curious.

« Reply #154 on: April 17, 2008, 06:35:15 PM »
IGBO KWENU.....  Igbo's in the house.

lalagirl007 where are you going to law school???

« Reply #155 on: April 22, 2008, 07:58:27 PM »
does the W&L mean Washington and Lee? if it does then I would advise you to take it since it is really good. Hey do any of you know if any law firms in nigeria take volunteer- unlikely but just curious.

Thanks hoyathon. Yes, it does and I finally decided to enroll there. Sorry, not sure about volunteer opportunities in 9ja. Tho i dont think that they'll pass u up if the dont gotta pay you. What kind of law firm do u have in mind?

« Reply #156 on: April 24, 2008, 07:12:37 PM »

Hey the best thing for you to do is look online at law firms and call them and tell them that you've been accepted to law school in the US and that you would like to volunteer at their firm so that you can gain perspective on the legal system in Nigeria. I worked for a firm in Lagos last summer and it was the best opportunity of my life!

« Reply #157 on: April 30, 2008, 07:37:39 PM »
Hey, i took you advise and I am getting a lot of replies. By the way what law firm did you work at? Also my brother is going to attend Washington and lee for undergrad Chiesque but I don't knwo how close your law campus is to the undergrad school.

« Reply #158 on: May 01, 2008, 05:34:13 PM »
Checking representing Eko and Houston.

« Reply #159 on: May 14, 2008, 07:34:01 PM »
Yoruba in the house- Bawo ni?