Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any Nigerians Out There?  (Read 22672 times)

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Any Nigerians Out There?
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2006, 08:54:15 AM »
Oh petitschoque I didnt peep that thread. Mind linking me?

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2006, 08:57:58 AM »
UIC doesn't have a law school.. u're thinking of Urbana which is a couple of hours away... Depaul, Chicago-Kent are the other two

How many law schools are in Chicago? I only know of 5: Chicago, Northwestern, Loyola, UIC and John Marshall.. Thought about school in Chicago but had the mid west for undergrad and wasn't looking forward to the freeze.

We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

petitschoque

« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2006, 09:10:21 AM »
Oh petitschoque I didnt peep that thread. Mind linking me?

Sure. Are you ready to enter the warzone? Things got REALLY ugly over here and towards the end, I lost my temper and said some things I didn't mean. But I stand by my experiences and POV:

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,52294.0.html

Andromeda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2006, 10:23:46 AM »
I see there are also NIgerians on here.

Anyone, Nigerians that is, planing on going to school in Chicago??
You're Naija?

I might be going to school in Chicago

Yep!

Not sure yet if I'll end up in Chicago, but I'm still thinking about it. You going there for sure?

Stencilasnusky

« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2006, 10:25:46 AM »
Pardon me if I'm being too inquisitive.

Another question I have is do you guys ever have any issues with African Americans? I know people quickly assume you are African American. Your culture is different. Do you try to separate yourselves from them? Did you have any problems growing up? Any conflict with other Af-Am?

Hmmm..I've been thinking about starting a thread on relationships and experiences of African Americans and non-American Africans in the US (particularily those from Nigeria..er Africa (well since they are the largest contingent of Africans anywhere it might as well relate to them)..so I'll post it later and partly address victor's comments

petitschoque

« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2006, 10:36:14 AM »
Yep!
Wow! what tribe and city/town?

Not sure yet if I'll end up in Chicago, but I'm still thinking about it. You going there for sure?
I'm the same as you--not sure. I'm leaning toward UChicago because of it's reputation but then again I've heard so many reports about how ugly the campus is and the weather really is cold...I've been yoyo-ing back and forth between like 5 schools and I'm waiting to hear from one about money...

Andromeda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2006, 10:42:06 AM »
Yep!
Wow! what tribe and city/town?

I'm the same as you--not sure. I'm leaning toward UChicago because of it's reputation but then again I've heard so many reports about how ugly the campus is and the weather really is cold...I've been yoyo-ing back and forth between like 5 schools and I'm waiting to hear from one about money...

Yeah, I am worried about the weather the most. I've been out there to visit friends/family and the weather is just cooollld! I'm from Delta, and I grew up partly in Lagos, you?.

petitschoque

« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2006, 10:44:57 AM »
Yeah, I am worried about the weather the most. I've been out there to visit friends/family and the weather is just cooollld! I'm from Delta, and I grew up partly in Lagos, you?.
Ondo. But when I go back home, I'm in Lagos and that's where I lived and schooled when I was in Naija/when I went back.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2006, 10:57:20 AM »
u'd have to be able to stomach below zero winters and 10 inch snow days without classes being cancelled in spite of it...the greatness of University of Chicago outweighs a few months of horrible weather...
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Andromeda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2006, 11:04:25 AM »
u'd have to be able to stomach below zero winters and 10 inch snow days without classes being cancelled in spite of it...the greatness of University of Chicago outweighs a few months of horrible weather...

I bet, but below zero??? hmmmm......