Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any Nigerians Out There?  (Read 23779 times)

petitschoque

Re: Any Nigerians Out There?
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2006, 08:07:10 AM »
A question, do you guys hang out with a gang of Nigerians? How many Nigerian friends do you have?
I hang out with a lot of Nigerians, especially now that I'm back home from college, and the group just keeps increasing as I friend-zone the guys my parents press on me. It's nice to be able to talk to others in Yoruba and even with my Igbo friends, it's just nice that we share that Naija bond.

Do you actually want me to count how many I have?

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2006, 08:10:07 AM »
A question, do you guys hang out with a gang of Nigerians? How many Nigerian friends do you have?
I hang out with a lot of Nigerians, especially now that I'm back home from college, and the group just keeps increasing as I friend-zone the guys my parents press on me. It's nice to be able to talk to others in Yoruba and even with my Igbo friends, it's just nice that we share that Naija bond.

Do you actually want me to count how many I have?

You dont have to count. Sounds like many.

Where do you reside?

petitschoque

« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2006, 08:12:44 AM »
Where do you reside?
Somewhere in New England or the Mid-Atlantic :D

Jontor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2006, 08:13:10 AM »

Discuss.

I do hang out with alot of Nigerians mostly Yoruba and Bendel guys..I will say about 7 in all. Been out of school for 3 years now. In school I didn't really know any Naija not even one.

Jontor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2006, 08:14:54 AM »

Whereabout in New England?
I'm on the North Of Boston right on the border of NH and Mass.

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2006, 08:25:39 AM »
Where do you reside?

Nice.

Stencilasnusky

« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2006, 08:27:16 AM »
How many law schools are in Chicago? I only know of 5: Chicago, Northwestern, Loyola, UIC and John Marshall.. Thought about school in Chicago but had the mid west for undergrad and wasn't looking forward to the freeze.

Nigerian friends? Sure but most of the time its me and the wife. I'm trying to balance my pool with non-Nigerians but dammit everywhere you go they are all around you...like pestilence see  ;D (j/k).

Hey what about them Naija movies..I'm too conservative for some of their wardrobe styles but man there is this Yoruba chick with a bad booty (especially when she wears those micro-mini skirts). I tell you it'd suffice for a comfy pillow ;D

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2006, 08:36:39 AM »
Pardon me if I'm being too inquisitive.

Another question I have is do you guys ever have any issues with African Americans? I know people quickly assume you are African American. Your culture is different. Do you try to separate yourselves from them? Did you have any problems growing up? Any conflict with other Af-Am?

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2006, 08:40:32 AM »

Hey what about them Naija movies..I'm too conservative for some of their wardrobe styles but man there is this Yoruba chick with a bad booty (especially when she wears those micro-mini skirts). I tell you it'd suffice for a comfy pillow ;D

I dont check out Nigerian flicks. But i'm trying to get my Nigerian music game up. One of my past hobbies was beatmaking so i'm trying to have that Nigerian sound to it.

petitschoque

« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2006, 08:45:15 AM »
Pardon me if I'm being too inquisitive.

Another question I have is do you guys ever have any issues with African Americans? I know people quickly assume you are African American. Your culture is different. Do you try to separate yourselves from them? Did you have any problems growing up? Any conflict with other Af-Am?

LOL, I don't think I have to answer this question since a thread on here bears testament to the answer. But suffice to say: yes to having issues.

@Jontor--We're pretty close location-wise.