Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any Nigerians Out There?  (Read 23613 times)

justGem

• Sr. Citizen
  • Let them eat cake!
    • View Profile
    • when i need a laugh
Re: Any Nigerians Out There?
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2006, 01:43:37 PM »
I am a DC native Stencil.  My advice:  get a roommate or live in the surrounding suburbs (MD or VA)  the closer you live to GULC or GW, the more expensive.  If you arent concerned with neighborhoods or crime you can live where I grew and get a 2BR for about $400/month - right in the city and about 10-15 minutes from both campuses.

Stencilasnusky

« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2006, 03:44:28 PM »
If you arent concerned with neighborhoods or crime you can live where I grew and get a 2BR for about $400/month - right in the city and about 10-15 minutes from both campuses.

What kind of crime? I really haven't lived in the city since I moved to this country (suburbs all the time) and I think my wife will divorce me if I lived in a moderately unsafe area. I'm thinking of NoVA as opposed to MD, but I'm worried about traffic and high rent (the latter will probably work itself out since my college roomate won't mind rooming with me again). Are there trains from Arlington, Alexandria etc into the city? Can one get a decent 2 bdr in NoVA for under a $1k/month? How is parking in the city? Are there toll roads there?

justGem

• Sr. Citizen
  • Let them eat cake!
    • View Profile
    • when i need a laugh
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2006, 09:47:34 AM »
Hey Stencil,

I lived in NoVa for a few years.  There are some areas with reasonable rents and your best bet for trying to avoid traffic is to live close to a metro (subway).  Travel will be easy to GW or Goergetown b/c they are both near metro stops. By car you have to cross water to get into DC from DC so the bridges have a lot of rush hour traffic.  A friend of mine lives in an apartment community called "Kings Garden." The apartments are spacious and affordable and easy access to major commuting routes to DC and also only a few blocks from the metro (subway).  Good luck.

windowshopper

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2006, 10:36:02 AM »
In DC, everywhere is expensive-- even in the hood!  PM me and I will give you the name and number of my property mgmt company.  I pay very reasonable rent in a very nice area of NW.

Stencilasnusky

« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2006, 03:11:31 PM »
In DC, everywhere is expensive-- even in the hood!  PM me and I will give you the name and number of my property mgmt company.  I pay very reasonable rent in a very nice area of NW.

Yeah..thanks though..well I really don't want to go to school in DC (both are pricey and I will be away from my wife) if I can help it...but if I do, I think NoVA will be it. I already told my college buddy who lives there that if I come, we'll be rooming again..just like we did in college. Hope he's got money saved up cos I don't..

Also I plan on working on a future presidential campaign and its going to be HQ in either NoVA or Richmond..though I think NoVA will be the eventual place

Andromeda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2006, 07:14:19 PM »
I see there are also NIgerians on here.

Anyone, Nigerians that is, planing on going to school in Chicago??

petitschoque

« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2006, 07:23:19 PM »
I see there are also NIgerians on here.

Anyone, Nigerians that is, planing on going to school in Chicago??
You're Naija?

I might be going to school in Chicago

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2006, 09:53:33 PM »
A question, do you guys hang out with a gang of Nigerians? How many Nigerian friends do you have?

Discuss.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2006, 10:56:33 PM »
A question, do you guys hang out with a gang of Nigerians? How many Nigerian friends do you have?

Discuss.

Son, damn near every black person at my school is Nigerian.

We're always together pretty much everyday.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2006, 11:32:44 PM »

Discuss.

Son, damn near every black person at my school is Nigerian.

We're always together pretty much everyday.

That sounds fly. Do you converse with them in native langauge?