Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any Nigerians Out There?  (Read 23009 times)

Jontor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Any Nigerians Out There?
« Reply #110 on: March 07, 2006, 08:44:28 AM »
... I once had hopes for Obasanjo. But anyway, disappointment, flouting the constitution, and craziness...what's new in Nigeria?

I had hopes too for him in the past....before the first thing I do once I get to work is read Nigerian news, these days I go like a week or two without checking what is going on there cos is always something disappointing. A great country that continued to be abused and used by same cliques since independence.  Which I have a solution and if I do it will really be a radical solution..... ???

petitschoque

« Reply #111 on: March 07, 2006, 09:31:54 AM »
A great country that continued to be abused and used by same cliques since independence.

It's very disappointing to see how Nigeria underachieves. There's no reason for us to be living as expatriates when we are citizens of a country so rich in every way. Nigerians possess brilliant, industrious minds and our resources are plentiful, we should be the African China--moving higher and higher with explosive growth in all areas :(

Which I have a solution and if I do it will really be a radical solution..... ???

What's your idea?

Jontor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 07, 2006, 10:13:24 AM »

What's your idea?

I sent you a note don't wanna be chastised this morning

Andromeda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 07, 2006, 10:14:55 AM »
What do you guys think about thi OBJ third term bid? Or I'm I the only one that thinks that this is crazy!

It is beyond crazy. It goes to show what Fela was singing about "Confusion breaki bonie"..."Demo-CRAZY". The worst part is from what I've heard, with about 2 months to go until elections, he still has no opponent!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 07, 2006, 10:16:20 AM »
hmm..sounds like the way that Black Americans feel to me living in America...  8)

A great country that continued to be abused and used by same cliques since independence.

It's very disappointing to see how Nigeria underachieves. There's no reason for us to be living as expatriates when we are citizens of a country so rich in every way. Nigerians possess brilliant, industrious minds and our resources are plentiful, we should be the African China--moving higher and higher with explosive growth in all areas :(

We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Stencilasnusky

« Reply #115 on: March 07, 2006, 11:00:00 AM »
Pls don't tell me it involved bloodshed or anything of the sort  ;). I'm dissappointed too but let me ask you this , assuming OBJ is a good guy  ::)..is having the devil you know better than the devil you don't know. I fault OBJ for not lining up a credible successor (unless of course, he wanted the 3rd term thing all along) but if his replacement is a snake like Atiku or Mujaheedeen radical like Buhari or a lying SOB of Babangida..what would we do? They are all liars, deceivers, witches and barbarians anyway.

What's your idea?

Jontor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 07, 2006, 11:52:44 AM »
Pls don't tell me it involved bloodshed or anything of the sort  ;). I'm dissappointed too but let me ask you this , assuming OBJ is a good guy  ::)..is having the devil you know better than the devil you don't know. I fault OBJ for not lining up a credible successor (unless of course, he wanted the 3rd term thing all along) but if his replacement is a snake like Atiku or Mujaheedeen radical like Buhari or a lying SOB of Babangida..what would we do? They are all liars, deceivers, witches and barbarians anyway.

What's your idea?

King Shark my idea is just way too radically that it's not feasible and it's just an idea not that I will implement it if I have the power. I had high hopes for OBJ but this third term agenda I cannot help but classify Atiku, Buhari, Babangida & OBJ under the same umbrella. I just can't understand what it is with African leaders loving to cling to power. I guess Africa is the only place on earth where history is irrelevant, look at what happened to Mobutu Seseku(spelling) and his likes. Arise Africa, it's way overdue!

Stencilasnusky

« Reply #117 on: March 07, 2006, 01:10:06 PM »
Well..the practice is pretty common worldwide but Africa generally exhibits it in the rawest forms...we just need to pray..we already know the elections are rigged so our voice is mute..except God's voice of course.

What's your idea?

King Shark my idea is just way too radically that it's not feasible and it's just an idea not that I will implement it if I have the power. I had high hopes for OBJ but this third term agenda I cannot help but classify Atiku, Buhari, Babangida & OBJ under the same umbrella. I just can't understand what it is with African leaders loving to cling to power. I guess Africa is the only place on earth where history is irrelevant, look at what happened to Mobutu Seseku(spelling) and his likes. Arise Africa, it's way overdue!

petitschoque

« Reply #118 on: March 08, 2006, 08:17:40 AM »
LOL@Jontor.

On a related topic, how did Ghana get where it is today? It wasn't so long ago that Ghanaians were so poor that their professors came to Nigeria to be tailors and hairdressers. It wasn't so long ago that Nigerians had the upperhand and arrogantly mistreated Ghanaians (lol, anyone remember what "ghana must go" is?). How did they get their act together and how can we learn from them? Not to advocate violence but I seem to remember Ghana lining up and shooting those military and government heads who had corrupted their stations...

Granted Ghana is not perfect but it speaks volumes that it isn't seen as quite the 3rd world quagmire of corruption Nigeria is known to be nor is it being torn apart like Sierra Leone, Liberia, and Cote D'Ivoire. It's doing very well in West Africa--do Ghanaians have two heads?...

justGem

• Sr. Citizen
  • Let them eat cake!
    • View Profile
    • when i need a laugh
« Reply #119 on: March 08, 2006, 10:50:58 AM »

What's your idea?

Interesting comment Jantor.  I see where the King Shark is coming from with the worser of evils comment b/c I had a similar view with regards to the last US presidential election. Bush (the known evil) vs. Kerry (the unknown but likely evil).  But about Mobutu, with this type of thinking such men like him will not succeed in an election or in office no matter how hard they try to portray a hopeful future for Africa with removal of corruption and remnant puppeteering by European nations.  It like a traumatized mentality where no one can trusts anyone.