Law School Discussion

letter from Michigan

forbzik

Re: letter from Michigan
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2005, 03:22:25 PM »
There was a thread on this earlier...  Basically discussing if Mich just likes to consider the whole person (beyond GPA and LSAT) or if they YP. 

Here it is:
http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,48736.0.html

jeb240

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2005, 05:48:27 PM »
Michigan is well within your league.  With that GPA, I'm betting you're in.  Just remember to write the "Why Michigan?" essay.

Don't say that when we have a whole thread of people with less than stellar numbers who got in, many saying how they did not write the Why Mich essay and some saying they didn't write any of the optional essays at all.

bloomich

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2005, 06:28:43 PM »
Michigan is well within your league.  With that GPA, I'm betting you're in.  Just remember to write the "Why Michigan?" essay.

Don't say that when we have a whole thread of people with less than stellar numbers who got in, many saying how they did not write the Why Mich essay and some saying they didn't write any of the optional essays at all.

well, i think we can't say that the optional essays are necessary for acceptance... but it seems they could certainly help your cause... if michigan would be a dream for you and you'd really like to go, i'd take the time to do the optional essays, if i were you... nail those and you'll have a terrific shot...certainly you could get in without doing them, but you should work to give yourself the best shot...

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2005, 06:36:13 PM »

well, i think we can't say that the optional essays are necessary for acceptance... but it seems they could certainly help your cause... if michigan would be a dream for you and you'd really like to go, i'd take the time to do the optional essays, if i were you... nail those and you'll have a terrific shot...certainly you could get in without doing them, but you should work to give yourself the best shot...

Indeed, that is what I was getting at.  I was not insinuating that it is a necesary condition for acceptance; but if you're borderline (like the OP) and it's a dream school, it would be foolish not to.

2Lacoste

• Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2005, 07:06:55 PM »
I also received the letter/waiver; it encouraged me to apply and bumped the school up a whole lotta spaces on my wish list.  3.54/163.

L19