Law School Discussion

I think I've been dinged at UPenn.

jeb240

I think I've been dinged at UPenn.
« on: December 13, 2005, 11:08:40 AM »
I just sent them an email re: a change of address, and they responded saying that they sent my decision on 12/09 to the address that they had on file.

And since NO ONE seems to get into UPenn on the first batch of letters... this can't possibly be good.

Well, I had a good run.  Can't say I'm surprised.  Can't say I'm not already mostly over it.  But still...

Of course, I suppose I could be wrong.  But, really, when does that ever happen  ;)?

lovelovelovenyc

Re: I think I've been dinged at UPenn.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 11:13:32 AM »
Do you have access still to the old address?  Did you ask them to resend it to the other address?  

jeb240

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 11:15:36 AM »
Do you have access still to the old address?  Did you ask them to resend it to the other address?  

The old address is my address here in Paris.  So... I'll get the actual letter in a few weeks (which is also kind of annoying).  Hopefully it will arrive before I leave to return to NYC.

jeb240

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 06:22:59 AM »
Jason, no offense, but if it's true that you get notifications of acceptances by email then I'd be scared too. But maybe they send the letters out before they email the acceptances because they know it takes a long time to get there?  ??? Hopefully? But if not the same fate awaits me... :'(

Also I think you'll get the letter this week, I got the UVA letter yesterday and it was postmarked Dec 8, so int'l mail isn't that slow.

Well the letter from Michigan and a letter from a friend both took a month from when they were dated to get here.  The same for a care package another friend sent.  So, that's why I'm saying a month.

In any case, I was wrong.  The letter isn't a rejection.  It's a deferral.

Slow Blues

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 07:46:08 AM »
Jason, no offense, but if it's true that you get notifications of acceptances by email then I'd be scared too. But maybe they send the letters out before they email the acceptances because they know it takes a long time to get there?  ??? Hopefully? But if not the same fate awaits me... :'(

Also I think you'll get the letter this week, I got the UVA letter yesterday and it was postmarked Dec 8, so int'l mail isn't that slow.

Well the letter from Michigan and a letter from a friend both took a month from when they were dated to get here.  The same for a care package another friend sent.  So, that's why I'm saying a month.

:-\ 4 for 5 ain't bad though.  :)

jeb240

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 09:59:18 AM »

How did you find this out? Did the letter reach you that quickly, or was there some sort of follow-up correspondance (e-mail/phone/telegraph)?

I explained my lack of confidence in the French postal system to get the letter to me before I leave for NYC and commented on my disappointment at getting a letter in the first batch (which is what I think prompted the response) and asked if, in a month from now if the letter hasn't arrived, could I contact them and ask them to send the letter to my new school address.  And the woman responded saying that rather than risk the letter not getting to me and having to wait, she would send me a pdf of the letter.

LubedPumpkin

• Happily flushing at my TTT.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PhunkyKatie
    • View Profile
    • LiveJournal
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2005, 05:24:23 PM »
That was nice of her. Rough, tho. Good luck!

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2005, 06:00:24 PM »
(and Chicago for that matter).
Here here

FossilJ

• Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2005, 01:55:41 AM »
For @#!*'S sakes, it's "hear, hear"!

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2005, 12:25:44 PM »
For @#!*'S sakes, it's "hear, hear"!

I guess I never see this expression in print...it is foreign to my eyes.