Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Question on LG Bible - Linear Setup Practice / p. 45  (Read 437 times)

thebengalgent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Question on LG Bible - Linear Setup Practice / p. 45
« on: July 13, 2004, 10:40:45 PM »
On the bottom of page 45, the last line states "the "O" Not Law on table 4 is correct - placing O on 4 causes a violation of the third rule".

For some reason, I cannot figure out why O can't go in table 4.  Can someone help me here? It has something to do with the empty table, but I can't quite figure it out, even with Powerscore's explanation.

Can someone adequately explain this?  Thanks!

untouchableface

• View Profile
Re: Question on LG Bible - Linear Setup Practice / p. 45
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2004, 11:25:19 PM »
You are correct, it's because of the empty table. Because in that situation p/q would have have to be at tables 1 or 2 (doesn't matter which) then M would be at 3. So, O can't sit at table 4 because that would force N (N can't be at 3,5, or 7) to sit at table 6 leaving tables 5 or 7 to still be filled. Since L is the only variable left tables 5 or 7 would be left vacant (according to the rules 5,6,7 can't be empty).

I hope that helped a little.

Moogle

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSAT 2005
    • View Profile
Re: Question on LG Bible - Linear Setup Practice / p. 45
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2004, 01:14:53 AM »
This is in the Games Bible but you might've missed it.  Visit www.powerscore.com/gamesbible for corrections and FAQ.  The answer to your question is on that page as well.
When in doubt on the LSAT, always choose F as the answer.