Law School Discussion

#13 - Thinking conceptually required for language

sck

• View Profile
Re: #13 - Thinking conceptually required for language
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2005, 09:15:31 AM »
I'm mostly finding, myself, that I can't always remember precisely what I chose, but most of the time I've chosen an answer that is one of the two up for debate with consensus because I remember debating between the two myself.

I'm pretty sure I missed a few of them, though :)

« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2005, 09:42:06 AM »
any thoughts on the forgo information principle question?

« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2005, 10:00:23 AM »

ok, i'm going to try my best to say at least SOMETHING about this, since i can tell you want some sort of response.

i can't recall the answer. it was one of those apply principle to scenario type questions. i *think* one of the answer choices had stuff with police and catching criminals? in it. possibly also a scenario with a reporter. Ugh. i really don't remember.. i think the answer was C or D. but that could probably very well be wrong also.

« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2005, 10:11:13 AM »
I believe that one of the answer choices (B maybe?) also dealt with a scientist not going forward with research or exploring a scientific field because of destructive things that would result.  This may have been the answer choice specifying something about nuclear weapons.  Even though it sounds similar, this was different from the question dealing with the scientist and unintended consequences that was debated before...

Hope this helps.

imago

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2005, 10:12:26 AM »

ok, i'm going to try my best to say at least SOMETHING about this, since i can tell you want some sort of response.

i can't recall the answer. it was one of those apply principle to scenario type questions. i *think* one of the answer choices had stuff with police and catching criminals? in it. possibly also a scenario with a reporter. Ugh. i really don't remember.. i think the answer was C or D. but that could probably very well be wrong also.

I'm pretty sure the question you're talking about was from the October test. . . I'll look it up and see.

« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2005, 10:13:37 AM »
I believe that one of the answer choices (B maybe?) also dealt with a scientist not going forward with research or exploring a scientific field because of destructive things that would result.  This may have been the answer choice specifying something about nuclear weapons.  Even though it sounds similar, this was different from the question dealing with the scientist and unintended consequences that was debated before...

Hope this helps.

seems right. i can't for the life of me remember what the correct answer wording was tho and i assume it's the same for other people and that's why there's no consensus. material is too old, the question wasn't too difficult, i dont think. i wouldn't worry too much about recalling it or the answer choice. this may be the Question no. 4 that some guy was worrying about that he forgot to fill in, some long question he might have skipped over at first.

« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2005, 10:14:22 AM »

I'm pretty sure the question you're talking about was from the October test. . . I'll look it up and see.

that may very well be.. but it's on the post mortem thread. i don't know, i took the october test like 3 days before taking the actual Dec test.

« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2005, 10:18:06 AM »
Definitely not from the october test.  The question was a principle question...something about seeking information and pernicious effects on society.  People previously said that answer A, which had to do with a journalist not going forward with seeking destructive information, was the correct answer, but this was debated and I don't think that a clear consensus was reached. 

« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2005, 09:03:56 PM »
Definitely not from the october test.  The question was a principle question...something about seeking information and pernicious effects on society.  People previously said that answer A, which had to do with a journalist not going forward with seeking destructive information, was the correct answer, but this was debated and I don't think that a clear consensus was reached.

was the principle that we should continue to seek info if there are bad effects or that we should NOT continue to seek info if there are bad effects

splenda

« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2005, 09:26:20 PM »
does anyone remember what the other answer choices were for the thinking conceptually question?