Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Letters in Response to Rejection Letters  (Read 29213 times)

sporky

Re: Letters in Response to Rejection Letters
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2006, 02:21:34 PM »
Dear Pretentious Asshat,

whatever dude.

love and kisses, sporky.

Happy_Weasel

• LSD Obsessed
  • Me and Gir, the happy weasel.
    • MSN Messenger - ominusdemon2@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2006, 12:09:11 AM »
Dear Richies,

Wake up
Grab a brush and put a little (makeup)
Grab a brush and put a little
Hide the scars to fade away the (shakeup)
Hide the scars to fade away the
Why’d you leave the keys upon the table?
Here you go create another fable
You wanted to
Grab a brush and put a little makeup
You wanted to
Hide the scars to fade away the shakeup
You wanted to
You wanted to
I don’t think you trust
In, my, self righteous suicide
I, cry, when angels deserve to die, die
Wake up
Grab a brush and put a little (makeup)
Grab a brush and put a little
Hide the scars to fade away the (shakeup)
Hide the scars to fade away the
Here you go create another fable
You wanted to
Grab a brush and put a little makeup
You wanted to
Hide the scars to fade away the shakeup
You wanted to
You wanted to
I don’t think you trust
I, cry, when angels deserve to die
Father, father, father, father
Father into your hands, I commend my spirit
Father into your hands
Why have you forsaken me
In your eyes forsaken me
In your thoughts forsaken me
In your heart forsaken, me oh
Trust in my self righteous suicide
In my self righteous suicide

:-*
                                                                                  Your Mom

ImNobody

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2006, 10:57:54 AM »
bump. I'm going to be needing these soon.

Sweet Tea

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2006, 12:16:31 PM »
Borrow your parents' checkbook. Write out a check for $1,000,000 to another school.
Photocopy the check on to a piece of paper (mark out the routing numbers and the account #'s-- identity fraud sucks) and include a handwritten note from "mom and dad" saying that they are so excited you will be attending school XYZ.

Send to admissions director of university that rejected you. :)
Attending The George Washington University School of Law, class of 2009 :)

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=BenFolds5

140am

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2006, 07:31:33 PM »
Here's the one I wrote last year. Enjoy:

Dear Admissions Committee:

I recently received your letter of rejection for admittance in to the School of Law, and I was relieved to learn that you did not find me to be a qualified applicant. I am actually quite used to rejection. You should have seen me last night! Apparently cute girls only go for guys with a median GPA of 3.8 and an LSAT of 172. Or maybe that's you.

The real reason I am writing you is to tell you that while most other students are rushing to their mailboxes to see if you guys sent them an update on their application status, I am actually going to check for my newest Netflix. I was extremely stoked to find a copy of I Heart Huckabees in my mailbox this week. Have you seen it? There's this dynamic duo of existential detectives that help various characters figure out the significance of their beings. Also, in the movie Jason Schwartzman almost makes it cool to have chest hair again, which I am pretty stoked about. Can chest hair count as a subjective factor in your admissions decisions? It should. I am totally 99th percentile material there.

I also wanted to send you an update on my applicant profile. Since I last wrote, I retook the LSAT and improved my score by like a bagizillion points. Furthermore, I am currently gainfully employed in a variety of different positions. I deliver subpoenas as a bike messenger, which has given me an insider's view of the legal process and a newfound appreciation for traffic laws. I am a host and bouncer at a café, which has given me an opportunity to enforce the law. And finally, I work in a bakery, which probably has no relevance at all to any future legal career that I might have. Although, as a cake salesman, I have learned how to lie effectively, which I have heard might come in handy one day in the court rooms.

For example, last night this guy came in and asked for a cake. He asked me to write "Happy Birthday Ed" on the cake. Simple enough. I'm pretty much an amateur in the world of cake-decorating but it would be unprofessional for me to tell people this, so I am basically living a lie. Usually I decorate the cake quickly, tape up the box and send people on their way. After I was done writing "Happy Birthday Ed" sloppily in cursive blue icing, I looked up and the man was staring at me like I had just scribbled in magic marker all over the upholstery of his living room furniture or something. I felt obliged to ask, "How does that look sir?". He said, "Honestly? I didn't want to tell you this earlier but I used to do this professionally." He was quite nice about it, but I felt like a moron. I gave him a free cookie for giving me his honest opinion. I asked him what he does now and he told me he was a writer.

My point is, if this whole law school thing doesn't work out, there's other options.

Sincerely,
Me

That's hilarious.

marigoldzoe

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2006, 06:33:55 PM »
I have never laughed so hard (well at least that I can remember) - I had to close my office door; I literally could not stop laughing!  I'm in the midst of fielding rejection letters...so this helped to put things in perspective. Yeah, I am awesomer than they think!

CamJansen

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2006, 03:52:28 PM »
Yeah, so I wrote that letter over a year ago. I got in to William & Mary Law School this year and will be attending. Maybe they somehow found that letter on the web? Doubt it. Glad people are still enjoying it. I actually almost sent it out last year.

TRad

• Hope springs eternal
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2008, 07:03:38 PM »
Dear Admissions Communists --

After some reflection, I've very relieved to be attending any law school other than yours.  I lack the two qualities essential for success at your school:  arrogance and pretension.

What a relief to know that I've been saved from an interminable career as an insufferable boor.

Up yours --

Fabulous

LawSchoolCutie

• Sr. Citizen
  • photoshoot with Bryan D. Socal Photography
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sx1ba8emoni
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2008, 02:13:04 AM »
Dear Law School,

I'm now sleeping with a major hollywood producer, because you decided to reject me I'm now going to take my vengence out on your school in his next summer blockbuster.

Sincerely,
F.U.
GPA: 3.22
GPA in Major 3.8
LSAT Practice Highest Score 152
LSAT Goal Score at least 165

Frescodecacao

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2010, 04:00:35 PM »
Dear Borchmore Admissions,

I am sorry, but I will not be able to accept your offer of rejection for the 2006-2007 year.  As you know, this has been a very difficult process and I have received far more rejections than I could ever accept.  Many wonderful colleges tried to reject me this year and there just is no way that I could take them all.  As such, it is with deep regret that I inform you that I will be attending Borchmore law next year.  I am sure that your university will find some other wonderful candidate to reject and I wish you the best of luck in your future rejections.
See you in the Spring

HILARIOUS!!! x 180,000