Law School Discussion

Updated Transcripts?

Updated Transcripts?
« on: December 10, 2005, 11:52:24 AM »
Hey all,

Finals are approaching and the semester is ending.  What do you all think of sending updated official transcripts to law schools if they have not made decisions yet and if the grades are good?  Is this an expectation of law schools?

azdezza

Re: Updated Transcripts?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 11:58:32 AM »
If your grades are good, by all means do it!

I'm not sure if it's expected though.  I'm kind of hoping it's not.  I didn't do horribly this semester but a litte worse than past semesters and, well, I don't see how this could help me.  My school doesn't start up again until Jan 16, so I'm thinking I'll wait until that week and if I haven't heard from my top schools, I'll send the grades.

Re: Updated Transcripts?
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2005, 12:17:10 PM »
You are required to send in updated transcripts before you matriculate. So why not send in upated ones, if they are good, half way through the year (when they actually count for something).

Also, do those numbers on USNEWS reflect final gpas of students including fall and spring semesters?? Or the GPAs they applied with? Same thing with LSAT. WHat if i am admitted with a 170, take it in june and get 178, do they report 174 or 170?