Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: .  (Read 14985 times)

Erapitt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: GW Waitlist
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2006, 12:59:24 PM »
My mistake.  I forgot LSN was the end all be all of application status lol.
Attending GW in Fall '06

Stencilasnusky

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2006, 01:26:43 PM »
Why would you be waiting to withdraw if you know you are going to do it?

I figured I at least owe them the courtesy of a visit before I turn it down. The visit won't happen until March 25th

140am

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2006, 01:46:29 PM »
Why would you be waiting to withdraw if you know you are going to do it?

I figured I at least owe them the courtesy of a visit before I turn it down. The visit won't happen until March 25th

Good call.  If you love it there, you might change your mind.  As it stands, where are you planning on going?  You can't be doing too bad if you're withdrawing from GW, so congrats on your acceptances :)

Stencilasnusky

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2006, 05:21:04 PM »
I'm off to a decent school in Southcentral Virginny

heyvolcano

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2006, 09:12:44 PM »
Also waitlisted at GW.  I hear it's nearly impossible to get off of their waitlist.

(In unrelated news: this is my first-ever post on this site!)   :D

heyvolcano

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2006, 09:33:57 PM »
so waitlist basically = rejected?

I'm not holding my breath.  I've heard from several people that GWU's waitlist is huge.

Stuje1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2006, 04:46:30 PM »
According to the GW Admissions Director in "how to get into a top law school," 120+ of 400+ who remained on the waitlist that year got in.   That is actually substantially higher than most schools.  That was just one year's stats (and not sure what year), but it sounds like we shouldn't lose hope.
8) Boston College
;D Colorado $, Wisconsin, OSU $, Indiana $, Case $$, Tulane $$$, Davis, Iowa, Hastings, UWashington
:-\ GW, WUSTL, Emory, WashLee, BostonU, Ariz, Minnesota
>:( Gtown, Mich, Nwestern, UIUC, Berk

dmitrik4

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2006, 08:14:38 PM »

According to LSN, it actually looks like people heard from the GW waitlist pretty early last year (March-May), not in late summer.  http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/search_schools.php?action=search&school_code=5246&lsat1=&lsat2=&fee_waiver=0&status=0&gpa_lsdas1=&gpa_lsdas2=&attending=0&cycle=2&gpa_degree1=&gpa_degree2=&withdrawn=0&program=1&index1=&index2=&state=0&application_type=0&scholarship1=&scholarship2=&sex=0&multiple_lsat=0&urm=0&x=37&y=12&international=0

it must vary year-to year.  i can say that when i was WL'd at GW in 2003, i was still waiting in late July, when i finally withdrew (i REALLY wanted GW...oh well).  my UG was a 3.42 (Mech eng) and a 164 LSAT, btw.

njlawbound

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2006, 06:32:15 PM »

i'm debating whether it's worth it to visit or not since i don't think i'm getting in.
does anyone have an idea of how quickly you must deposit at gw when you get off the waitlist in earlier months like april/may (and not in july/aug)? could you put in a quick visit then?also does anyone know if gw has a priority waitlist?

tobias

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jaray02
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2006, 10:55:25 PM »
Wait-listed part time  :-\