Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Write your own rejection  (Read 41364 times)

Zoli

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Write your own rejection
« Reply #130 on: March 20, 2006, 01:42:29 AM »
hey lovebutton, do you ever run out of questions?? 
"I say NO to drugs but they don't listen."

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 20, 2006, 01:56:14 AM »
hey lovebutton, do you ever run out of questions?? 

do I ever run out of questions?

do *I* ever run out of QUESTIONS?!

what do you think?

want to take a wild guess?

hehe.  ;)
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

reynolda

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - fashunista4ward
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 20, 2006, 08:39:10 AM »
Dear Reynolda,

We just wanted to make sure that you got the letter we sent you...  Rest assured, we don't follow up on bad news! 

Usually. 

But in your case we're making an exception.

Given your obvious delusion in applying here in the first place, we thought it best to make this crystal clear.  Please dig up that rejection notice we sent you and give it another read.   Or if you didn't get it, give our office a call and we'll send another copy.

<3's
Dean Justmakingsure
i like complicated :)

cyberrev

« Reply #133 on: March 20, 2006, 08:56:54 AM »
"Dear Applicant,

The bad news is you are rejected.  The good news is, here is a bunny with a pancake on its head:

Sincerely,
Toby Stock"

With a normal rejection my mind would constantly wander to the rejection and it would make me sad constantly.  With this rejection every time I would think about the rejection, I'd get sad, but wait!  There's a bunny with a pancake on its head.  What a cute bunny with a pancake on its head...how can I stay mad at you?

ha ha!  i have the same pic -- used it for my tar a while back!

aerynn

• Sr. Citizen
  • Wait, what?
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=aerynn
    • Email
« Reply #134 on: March 20, 2006, 12:23:10 PM »

Teehee.  I wish I got to know this Toby Stock fellow.

Do you ever wonder what was going on right before those people decided to procure both a bunny and a pancake and take this picture?  i think i have an idea...

To continue the threadjack, I saw the website of the guy who owns the bunny and took the picture.  He is not american and got all these emails from americans who either loved it or thought he was engaging in bunny cruelty.  He posted this letter in halting english explaining that he noticed his bunny would sit very still, so he put something on its head.  It was really good at balancing that first thing, so he tried other things and would take pictures.  Apparently, he has a whole album devoted to "bunny with an X on its head" pictures.  He says the bunny's participation is voluntary and it doesn't hop away so he hopes people just enjoy the pictures and don't worry about the bunny.
Here's how it went for me for Fall 2006 admission:
168/3.67
In: Emory($$), UGA ($), W&M ($$), GW($)
Waitlisted:American(W), UVA (W)
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=aerynn

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 20, 2006, 08:39:29 PM »

Teehee.  I wish I got to know this Toby Stock fellow.

Do you ever wonder what was going on right before those people decided to procure both a bunny and a pancake and take this picture?  i think i have an idea...

To continue the threadjack, I saw the website of the guy who owns the bunny and took the picture.  He is not american and got all these emails from americans who either loved it or thought he was engaging in bunny cruelty.  He posted this letter in halting english explaining that he noticed his bunny would sit very still, so he put something on its head.  It was really good at balancing that first thing, so he tried other things and would take pictures.  Apparently, he has a whole album devoted to "bunny with an X on its head" pictures.  He says the bunny's participation is voluntary and it doesn't hop away so he hopes people just enjoy the pictures and don't worry about the bunny.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I love the part about the bunny's participation being voluntary.  I am heartened by the fact that, though we may be pre-law, nobody has replied to this post with a brief on the capacity of a bunny to consent to balancing acts.  Yet.

LSN

Zoli

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 20, 2006, 11:23:39 PM »
actually lovebutton, in Bunny v. PETA, 1991, Where PETA filed a suit against a man and his Bunny for making these types of photos, the ruling was in favor of the Bunny.  The judged ruled that Mr/Miss Bunny was allowed to pose for photos in which he/she balanced various objects on his/her head, as long as the Bunny was a consenting adult.  In his testimony, the bunny stated in bunny talk (TOOTH GRINDING : Louder and slower than "purring", grindings are usually farther apart and often accompanied by other signs of discomfort such as protruding (bulging) eyes, that he was very upset with the entire proceeding.  The Bunny lashed out at PETA for assuming that he was being treated unethically,  The Bunny stated that he was very happy with his new job, and was hoping that it would lead to a career in Bunny Fashion Modeling.  This case set a precedent for  cases that followed in which Bunnies were granted many rights, emancipation from owners (if they decided that they wanted to make it in hollywood and/or felt that the owners were holding them back).  Eventually, CAA (a prominent hollywood agency that manages talent) opened a separate department to represent such animal talent as Shamoo, Flipper (The new  one), and their newest client who will be starring in a feature film based on the true story of Bugs Bunny's life in Hollywood.  The film is titled:  Bunny Foo Foo:  Bugs Bunny and Gay Animated Hollywood. 
"I say NO to drugs but they don't listen."

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 21, 2006, 12:11:38 AM »
actually lovebutton, in Bunny v. PETA, 1991, Where PETA filed a suit against a man and his Bunny for making these types of photos, the ruling was in favor of the Bunny.  The judged ruled that Mr/Miss Bunny was allowed to pose for photos in which he/she balanced various objects on his/her head, as long as the Bunny was a consenting adult.  In his testimony, the bunny stated in bunny talk (TOOTH GRINDING : Louder and slower than "purring", grindings are usually farther apart and often accompanied by other signs of discomfort such as protruding (bulging) eyes, that he was very upset with the entire proceeding.  The Bunny lashed out at PETA for assuming that he was being treated unethically,  The Bunny stated that he was very happy with his new job, and was hoping that it would lead to a career in Bunny Fashion Modeling.  This case set a precedent for  cases that followed in which Bunnies were granted many rights, emancipation from owners (if they decided that they wanted to make it in hollywood and/or felt that the owners were holding them back).  Eventually, CAA (a prominent hollywood agency that manages talent) opened a separate department to represent such animal talent as Shamoo, Flipper (The new  one), and their newest client who will be starring in a feature film based on the true story of Bugs Bunny's life in Hollywood.  The film is titled:  Bunny Foo Foo:  Bugs Bunny and Gay Animated Hollywood. 

Ah, my heart sunk after the first two clauses.  hehe.  this was FANTASTIC.

Zoli, let's be LSD nemeses!  Come on, it will be fun!  :D

LSN

aerynn

• Sr. Citizen
  • Wait, what?
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=aerynn
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: March 21, 2006, 08:54:07 AM »
Not US law, so no bunny briefs. In YO face, PETA!
Here's how it went for me for Fall 2006 admission:
168/3.67
In: Emory($$), UGA ($), W&M ($$), GW($)
Waitlisted:American(W), UVA (W)
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=aerynn

AB and CD

« Reply #139 on: March 28, 2006, 08:26:05 AM »
Dear Applicant,

Thanks to the sob story in your ps, the adcomms here at Harvard are again undergoing expensive therapy. Please stop bombing us with such stories after having done it for eight years. Each time your application arrived, we were both nervous and excited, with the gloomy knowledge that we would need therapy very soon. Such complexities brought about by an applicant obviously is not worth the efforts and the fee, therefore, we've reached a unanimous agreement that you are permanently denied. Forget us.

Medicated Heavily and Carrying a Crying Towel,
Dean T. Stock