Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Europe Summer 2006  (Read 1515 times)

piggy-buttercup

• Sr. Citizen
  • hi!
    • View Profile
Re: Europe Summer 2006
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2006, 09:24:22 PM »
same here.. I am thinking a month in europe and a month in SE Asia. I think I can live like a queen in SE Asia for one month with one week's budget of Europe..  ;D

I am actually thinking of going to europe for a few weeks after I quit my job...are you all going by yourselves or with friends ? Most of my friends have jobs and so they just can't take off to go backpacking around europe with me :(

Probably by myself.  Not ideal, no, but still better than not going.  My friends that have the money aren't interested, and those that are interested don't have the money.  Oh well. :(

piggy-buttercup

• Sr. Citizen
  • hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2006, 09:26:46 PM »
Has anyone tried one of the Contiki trips to Europe or even Australia?  While I think it would be a great adventure to travel alone I (and of course my parents) are a little nervous about safety.  Contiki was suggested to me as a solution but I don't know anyone who has gone on any of their trips.

I am thinking about contiki too. my friend went thru it and recommended it.

andyg

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2006, 09:44:22 PM »
Has anyone tried one of the Contiki trips to Europe or even Australia?  While I think it would be a great adventure to travel alone I (and of course my parents) are a little nervous about safety.  Contiki was suggested to me as a solution but I don't know anyone who has gone on any of their trips.

ditto the question about contiki...has anyone heard anything about it, either pro or con ?
Georgetown 2009!

Barney

• Sr. Citizen
  • 1L who should have better things to do
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2006, 12:18:08 AM »
Asia is great, Barney. It is so much cheaper than Europe so you can stay a lot longer without breaking your wallet.

Any recommendations as to where? Like I said, Vietnam sounds awesome, and I've heard good things about Malaysia too.  I'm probably dreaming, cause I have no money, but it'd be sweet!

piggy-buttercup

• Sr. Citizen
  • hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2006, 12:54:58 AM »
Asia is great, Barney. It is so much cheaper than Europe so you can stay a lot longer without breaking your wallet.

Any recommendations as to where? Like I said, Vietnam sounds awesome, and I've heard good things about Malaysia too.  I'm probably dreaming, cause I have no money, but it'd be sweet!

thailand - kosa mui, pipi, puket
india - goa beach
cambodia

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2006, 08:14:41 AM »
For Asia- Thailand, Malaysia, Cambodia, China. I have a group of friends who had a really horrible experience in Vietnam, so for that reason I am not recommending it.

As for traveling with tour groups, it's honestly not that hard to get around on your own.  Plus you'll likely only see the really touristy places.  Some of the more touristy places can be like Disney World in the summer- just packed to the gills with huge tour groups.  If you really have no idea what to see in a city, there are lots of very short organized tours you can do.  If you do a bigger organized tour, you won't get that much free time at all, most likely.

piggy-buttercup

• Sr. Citizen
  • hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2006, 08:47:22 AM »
Now you guys have got me thinking about Contiki.  Part of me thinks it would be *too* touristy and American, but another part of me realizes I have no idea what I'm doing on my own.  And they do have a lot of options.  More thoughts people?

considering contiki too for exact same reasons.

check this out: http://www.ultimate-european.com/

The Name's Dali

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2006, 10:06:28 AM »
Now you guys have got me thinking about Contiki.  Part of me thinks it would be *too* touristy and American, but another part of me realizes I have no idea what I'm doing on my own.  And they do have a lot of options.  More thoughts people?

We could throw together a LSD Contiki group, hahaha.

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2006, 11:26:25 AM »
This thread makes me sad that I haven't been back to Greece since I was like 15.  :-\
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

andyg

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2006, 01:03:06 AM »
Yeah, I've pretty much decided on doing the contiki route now.  I'm gonna do Road to Athens in May.  Anyone else!  Wooooo LSD group! :D

Lol, I'm in...i want a tour that has england, france and italy on it.
Georgetown 2009!