Law School Discussion

UMich Lawyers Club

Steve.jd

• I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
Re: UMich Lawyers Club
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2006, 09:15:46 PM »
The Lawyers Club would strike me as a great option if not for the "community bath" set-up

I was turned off by the setup of the double suite (majority of rooms), the common area has the desk space which isn't very conducive to studying/working

I understand the desk can be moved to another room. Also, you have to option of requesting a single (don't know if you'll get it though).

I'm sure you can move the desk whereever you want but in the double suite, the other rooms are tiny, I'm not sure if the desk would even fit and if it did, it would be extremely uncomfortable.

There are two kinds of singles - there is a single suite which is awesome, huge (relatively) two room thing, but there are only 8 of these for the entire building and the upperclassmen have dibs.  There are also "economy" singles, which are the size of a large closet...

yes. I see your point. I guess you Can't have Great Location, Low Price AND Space.

Sorry I didn't mean to be negative...I'm just spoiled from UG

I am living in a dorm now where I have a 120 sq ft bedroom just for me, I share a 350 sq ft den with 3 other people, along with a 150 sq ft kitchen (FULL), a 150 sq ft dining room, a 150 sq ft bathroom, and a huge walk-in closet...

distance to academic buildings: 2-3 minutes
price: 650/month (only for academic months obviously)

Also, the building is completely wireless

<----- Spoiled  :-\

Luxor

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2006, 09:17:46 PM »
I think I may have misread the literature I received.  How many students need to share a bathroom?

And is anyone else considering applying to join the PHID House?

SanchoPanzo

• My avatar is hotter than your avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2006, 09:27:30 PM »
The Lawyers Club would strike me as a great option if not for the "community bath" set-up

I was turned off by the setup of the double suite (majority of rooms), the common area has the desk space which isn't very conducive to studying/working

I understand the desk can be moved to another room. Also, you have to option of requesting a single (don't know if you'll get it though).

I'm sure you can move the desk whereever you want but in the double suite, the other rooms are tiny, I'm not sure if the desk would even fit and if it did, it would be extremely uncomfortable.

There are two kinds of singles - there is a single suite which is awesome, huge (relatively) two room thing, but there are only 8 of these for the entire building and the upperclassmen have dibs.  There are also "economy" singles, which are the size of a large closet...

yes. I see your point. I guess you Can't have Great Location, Low Price AND Space.

Sorry I didn't mean to be negative...I'm just spoiled from UG

I am living in a dorm now where I have a 120 sq ft bedroom just for me, I share a 350 sq ft den with 3 other people, along with a 150 sq ft kitchen (FULL), a 150 sq ft dining room, a 150 sq ft bathroom, and a huge walk-in closet...

distance to academic buildings: 2-3 minutes
price: 650/month (only for academic months obviously)

Also, the building is completely wireless

<----- Spoiled  :-\

nnnahhhhh. Nothing wrong with wanting more. I also will not live in the Lawyers Club should I decide to enroll at UMich.

SanchoPanzo

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2006, 09:31:14 PM »
I think I may have misread the literature I received.  How many students need to share a bathroom?

I got the impression that getting into PHID House is not a cakewalk. They have only 9 spots and you have to write a "personal statement" to get in.

no. You don't have to write a "Why PHID House" or so I think. :)

Luxor

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2006, 09:34:00 PM »

I got the impression that getting into PHID House is not a cakewalk. They have only 9 spots each year and you have to write a "personal statement" to get in. no. You don't have to write a "Why PHID House" or so I think. :)

Think I should write an addendum explaining why my life hasn't been more entertaining?  ;)

SanchoPanzo

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2006, 09:37:18 PM »

I got the impression that getting into PHID House is not a cakewalk. They have only 9 spots each year and you have to write a "personal statement" to get in.

no. You don't have to write a "Why PHID House" or so I think. :)

Think I should write an addendum explaining why my life hasn't been more entertaining?  ;)

go for it!   ;D