Law School Discussion

UMich Lawyers Club

!!

• View Profile
Re: UMich Lawyers Club
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2005, 02:03:27 PM »
The thing is, they are incredibly efficient when it comes to that sorta stuff.  They always mail everything out in time and early and when you call and ask a question they pretty much always know the right answer.  Sometimes the options in their timely mailings just blow.   

Compared to other schools I've gone to, it could be far, far worse.

The Law School administration is fantastic.  It's just the university at large that makes life difficult.

!!

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2005, 02:17:43 PM »
They must have eliminated Cambridge as a place for laywers.  That really sucks.  It looks like there are only those three options.

Are you that worried about it?  Is that your first choice?

I think you mean Oxford.  The book mentions in passing that some grad students and a lot of medical students live there.  The book is not specifically for lawyers, and it does not specifically mention whether we're eligible for that dorm.

I don't like the prospect of having to hunt all over town for an apartment and having to find a roommate.  I absolutely loathe apartment hunting, and I don't know anyone who I want to live with.  If university accomodations were reasonable, I'd be happy to just write them a check and be done with it.

!!

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2005, 02:29:05 PM »
Do you see the problem with that web site?  All it does is describe the building.  It doesn't say who is eligible to live there.  It doesn't give prices.  There isn't a link to an application.

!!

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2005, 02:35:11 PM »
Well, I hope to be getting a car in the next couple of weeks, so I'll just drive down there.  Face-to-face is the only way to go.

!!

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2005, 02:37:25 PM »
Unless you get so mad you just punch them. 

I may be a smartass, but I'm also cool as a cucumber.   8)

!!

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2005, 02:41:45 PM »
That's good.

Hot cucumbers aren't very tasty. 

I think I may break down and call a high school friend who goes to UM.  His roomie is graduating this year...

I guess we'd get along.  We're both nerds by day, and obnoxious drunks by night.

!!

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2005, 02:52:11 PM »

!!

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2005, 02:57:27 PM »
I have it on good authority that some of our favorite Ivy elitists weren't so lucky  ;D

Pity.

!!

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2005, 03:04:50 PM »
Do you really have to have a lottery for parking?  Is that all parking or just the lot by the law school?  I'm a Californian at heart, so I needs to be able to drive, baby!

There is a lottery to park in Northwood, which is the grad apartment complex.

!!

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2005, 03:08:28 PM »
You mean delicious, don't you?

I love it. 

I think it is time to bump that thread.