Law School Discussion

UMich Lawyers Club

Re: UMich Lawyers Club
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2005, 12:30:47 PM »
Actually the reason they close down during winter break is to save money on heating costs.  No joke.  All schools in Michigan do this.

!!

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2005, 12:58:06 PM »
Actually the reason they close down during winter break is to save money on heating costs.  No joke.  All schools in Michigan do this.

If they made you pay for those weeks, they would not be losing.  I'd rather pay the gas bill than move in with the 'rents for three weeks.

!!

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2005, 01:26:14 PM »
There are grad apartments on North Campus that are just like real apartments, except that they're in BFE, they're ass expensive, and parking is not gauranteed.

Now I remember why I didn't do UM for undergrad.

!!

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2005, 01:37:41 PM »
It seems like the people who run UM like being difficult.  First, the grad dorm closes over break.  Then, they build apartments in the middle of nowhere, and make you enter a lottery to get a parking spot.  That doesn't even make sense.  Build more parking.

!!

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2005, 01:40:46 PM »
Are they giving you problems?

I edited the post and summarized the school's ridiculousness.

!!

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2005, 01:50:30 PM »
What options are actually listed on your application as far as places to live go?

I have an application for the Lawyers Club and a small brochure about other university housing.  They also sent some lame-ass local magazine.

Looks like I'll be going to Ann Arbor to get this done.

!!

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2005, 01:51:47 PM »
Yeah, that is annoying. 

It's beyond annoying.  How do they manage to run out of parking spaces in the middle of f-ing nowhere?

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2005, 01:53:05 PM »
Are they giving you problems?

I edited the post and summarized the school's ridiculousness.

lol, how quickly you go from ecstatic admitted student to bitter and fed up w/ the administration...that high doesn't last too long does it?

!!

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2005, 01:56:06 PM »
lol, how quickly you go from ecstatic admitted student to bitter and fed up w/ the administration...that high doesn't last too long does it?

When the dust settles you see things for what they are.  The housing situation at UM is unecessarily complicated.

!!

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2005, 02:00:52 PM »
So they didn't give you a general housing application with all the options listed?  Does the little book say which places are open to you as a law student? 

No general application.  The book is vague and just keeps pointing you to the housing website, which is hard to work with.  I'm honestly having a hard time finding substantive information on university housing, and I've been looking.