Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: personal statement about immigrant adversity?  (Read 7146 times)

FloridaLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: personal statement about immigrant adversity?
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2004, 12:08:12 AM »

ruskiegirl... I left my home country when I was 9 also.. isn't this weird??  Please dont' forget to email your PS to me. 

Swifty...The second PS you read was mine.  Thank you, you gave great advice and thank you for your praise for saying that mine was the best one you have read.   

ruskiegirl

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2004, 12:13:16 AM »
Can't you have any friends or neighbors get in your house and have them send it to you?
Just a thought.
I spent a total of six weeks in Berkeley...I don't really have anyone like that.

ruskiegirl

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2004, 08:18:09 PM »
Lexie,

I sent you a personal message with my PS.  Feel free to still send me yours for review when you are finished with it.

FloridaLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2004, 11:19:29 PM »
Ruskiegirl...may I see you PS.  My email address is AsianFloridian@aol.com

FloridaLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2004, 11:21:04 PM »
Ruskiegirl...may I see you PS.  If so, my email address is AsianFloridian@aol.com

LegallyNat

• MSN Messenger - n_steiner7@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Niomi1
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2004, 03:28:11 AM »
ruskiegirl,
i havent made up my mind about my ps yet. i immigrated to the us as well but only when i started college here so i was also considering writing about my experience in the states. iŽd really like to read your ps so please add me to your list in august. thanks :)

veggies

• go bears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2004, 03:53:24 AM »
Hi Ruskiegirl,

I'd like to congratulate you on getting into Boalt!  I graduated from Berkeley last May, and absolutely loved it there!  I'm sure you'll love it too. =) Let me know if you have any questions about Berkeley, food, fun things to do, etc. 

I am also thinking about writing somewhere on the lines of immigration and ethnic identity.  If it's not too weird or inconvenient (since we don't know each other), could I also take a look at your ps?  I've read all the ones in the Montauk book, but would like to read a more recent ps. Plus, it seems that your topic is similar to what I'm thinking about.  Thanks! 

ruskiegirl

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2004, 12:42:57 AM »
thank you all -- i am very flattered by your interest in my statement.  i am currently on the road, visiting some friends from undergrad.  i can send you all a copy of my ps if each of your pm me and remind me.  that way i can just reply and add it to the body of pm.   ;D

veggies

• go bears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2004, 04:25:49 AM »
Forgive me for my ignorance, but what's pm? 

swifty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2004, 09:38:17 PM »
Forgive me for my ignorance, but what's pm? 

PM = private message.  To the left, and just under the "number of posts" is a little grey Icon that has IM written onit.  That stands for instant message, and is the same as a PM.
And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply" So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why. He said "You look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you'll do.  So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that. Huh! Me workin' for you!"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign..