skaiserbrown

Re: The Deer Hunting Thread
« Reply #90 on: December 17, 2005, 03:05:43 PM »
stop hijacking this thread!  :D

it's what i do!

SCgrad

« Reply #91 on: December 17, 2005, 04:19:55 PM »
the fish i ate whole was cooked, they were little fish, but i could see the eyeballs.  sometimes they do serve whole raw fish though.

SCgrad

« Reply #92 on: December 17, 2005, 09:46:10 PM »
They were about two inches long and fairly thin.  I honestly don't know what anchovies look like.  They tasted a little bit like salmon.

SCgrad

« Reply #93 on: December 17, 2005, 10:39:57 PM »
can't see it  :(

SCgrad

« Reply #94 on: December 17, 2005, 10:53:35 PM »
never had sushi at a good place in America.  The one decent place I went to in America was pretty close, but very expensive.  I imagine big port cities, particularly those with Japanese populations have good sushi (NYC for sure I would think).  Most other Japanese style restaurants in America make food that doesn't even resemble actual Japanese food.  Sushi is at the very least like the stuff in Japan.

SCgrad

Re: The Japanese Food Thread
« Reply #95 on: December 18, 2005, 01:05:30 AM »
Yeah, but you should see their version of American food

SCgrad

« Reply #96 on: December 18, 2005, 01:13:53 AM »
Yeah, but you should see their version of American food

please explicate.

i assume that mcdonald's is the same.

Yeah, but McDonald's sucks no matter where you are.  There is a chain called Joyfull which is supposed to be American food.  They have plates of various meats that just suck, they have pizza with corn on it, they have terrible freedom fries.  Oh, I wish there was one decent American Bar and Grill type place.  I don't need it all the time, just to remember what it is like.  I would even take an Applebee's at this point.

SCgrad

« Reply #97 on: December 18, 2005, 01:27:09 AM »
I just meant that it is terribly unhealthy and gives you (or at least me) the runs.  I go there sometimes just to get a reminder of American food because around where I live, it is about all there is to offer.

skaiserbrown

« Reply #98 on: December 18, 2005, 05:40:43 PM »
japanese food in the US is whack, but chinese food is even whacker.

be10dwn

« Reply #99 on: December 18, 2005, 05:42:21 PM »
Yeah, but McDonald's sucks no matter where you are.  There is a chain called Joyfull which is supposed to be American food.  They have plates of various meats that just suck, they have pizza with corn on it, they have terrible freedom fries.  Oh, I wish there was one decent American Bar and Grill type place.  I don't need it all the time, just to remember what it is like.  I would even take an Applebee's at this point.

i am a big mcdonald's lover i'm afraid!  :D

i know, i am terribly embarrassed about it. 

and yeah, i guess fake american food would make us even with them since we have all kinds of fake japanese food.  i'm eating a sub from charlie's right now by the way.  it's decent.

at some point we will go back to talking about the news.  :D

(maybe)

I like the buffalo chicken thingy from charlies :D :D