Law School Discussion

skaiserbrown

Re: Hey, let's reduce the deficit by giving away TAX CUTS!!!
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2005, 07:10:11 PM »
I'm not so sure.  If I were a 200+ year old invester, I would think that the government at the time of the Articles of Confederation was more different from the one created by the Constitution than the Confederate government was from the Union. 

why in the world would you think this?  Articles of Confederation was the predecessor government to the Union while the Confederacy was a rival and hostile government to the Union. 

she's referring to the nature of each nations constitution, not the confederacy's emnity towards the union. she's trying to say the articles of confederation was more dissimilar in form and function from the US constitution than the Confederate constitution.

i think.

i don't know enough about the confederate constitution to hazard a guess.

« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2005, 07:22:54 PM »
jesus kids, go out and have some fun...

skaiserbrown

« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2005, 07:31:40 PM »
jesus kids, go out and have some fun...

i did, with your mom.

SCgrad

« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2005, 01:39:16 AM »
If I remember correctly from my US history class, the treaty that ended the Civil War explicitly stated that debts from the South would not be paid by the Union. 

In addition, they shouldn't be.  Why the hell should we pay people who try to topple the Union? That is dumb as hell. 

If we decided that abandoning the AOC gave us the right to abandon our debt, couldn't we do that again, making our creditworthiness zero?

If the Southern investors wanted to get back at the Union for not paying them back, well, they are cutting off their nose to spite their face.  They are part of the Union at this point.

In every way (politically, economically, morally) not incurring the South's debt was right.

PS – I think the Southern (and Mid-Atlantic) farmers were called the “Planter Class”

SCgrad

« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2005, 01:56:16 AM »
Yeah, I was basically summarizing what you had already said (maybe plus the treaty part).  I agree with you 100 percent (which seems to be a frequent occurance.

SCgrad

« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2005, 02:21:59 AM »
Yeah, I was basically summarizing what you had already said (maybe plus the treaty part).  I agree with you 100 percent (which seems to be a frequent occurance.

i think that's a good thing.  jsia.

i am tempted to start really hijacking this thread by the way.

which is ironic because it's my thread.   :D

So how about deer hunting... it sure is something, huh?

SCgrad

« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2005, 02:25:58 AM »
no, i've only shot a gun once in my life, and not at anything.

SCgrad

I hear it is a good sport to get really drunk while doing, that could be fun...

(you should change the name of the thread to the "deer hunting thread")

SCgrad

you read my mind, GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!!!!

SCgrad

Re: The Deer Hunting Thread
« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2005, 02:53:11 AM »
Considering most people start hunting around 5 AM, I would say drinking WHILE hunting is a twofold problem.