Law School Discussion

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
Re: Hey, let's reduce the deficit by giving away TAX CUTS!!!
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2005, 01:15:48 PM »
ladies and gentlemen, The Village Idiot! 

skaiserbrown

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2005, 01:17:44 PM »
Wouldn't it take more than three years for us to see the effects of the Bush tax cuts? People need to realize that things aren't going to happen in a second as far as the economy goes.
Clinton should thank Reagan, and Bush should thank Clinton for our deficit. That's the way it goes.

right. because it wasn't the original bush tax cuts that caused the budget to go into the black. it was all clintons fault.

is the world green where you're from?

also, twelvehundred needs to do more than take a macroeconomics class before they start talking about this sort of *&^%. people who take a couple econ classes and then think they know *&^% really irritate me. a lot. try again, twelvehundred, and next time get a f-ing clue.

ImVinny!

• What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2005, 01:34:45 PM »
What do you mean by green? Seriously, if you mean green as in rich, NO, I am definately not rich, or well-off, I am actually under the poverty level as far as that goes.
If you mean something else, what are you talkingabout?

skaiserbrown

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2005, 01:36:20 PM »
meant to say sky :)

your argument, btw, is the biggest piece of crap ever. you're gonna be the kid in law school who the professors shake their head and wonder how you got accepted. js.

ImVinny!

• What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2005, 01:41:52 PM »
I doubt that very much.
But anyways, that doesn't make any sense either, with the word sky in it. What the heck are you talking about? Also, my argument for what?

skaiserbrown

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2005, 02:05:52 PM »
your supposition that clinton is the cause of the current deficits.

and yes, the sky being green allusion does make sense to anyone with even a close approximation of sentience. if the sky in your world is green, i suppose bizzaro economics might work. you're a real genius that it has to be spelled out to you, yo.

of course, on the (nearly impossible) chance your argument is correct, that'd mean the boom economy of the 50's was Roosevelt and Trumans doing, and that the bad times of the late 70's was Ford and Nixon's fault, and not Carters. and the boom of the 1980's was Carters doing, while the recession of the early 1990's would be early Reagans fault. did you even bother thinking about that before deciding that your hypothesis had even a grain of truth? because i doubt you're going to accept those as truths, considering what other sort of stupid *&^% you believe.

be10dwn

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2005, 02:10:28 PM »
*&^%, why did I wonder in here?

oh yeh, I was gonna say something....*&^% what was it???

Oh, yeh, how about the financial irresponsibility of a so called conservative president?  That's just my hypothesis though...granted I know jack dammit about economics, but I do know that if you spend more than you have, you are screwed, so....

skaiserbrown

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2005, 02:13:46 PM »
what really irritates me is that i'd be perfectly happy to see even decent programs cut from the budget if we were willing to slash real pork spending that goes to every single district. and to avoid making tax cuts that WORSEN the deficit even as we try to fix the problem by ending generally decent programs that improve the earning potential of folks, e.g. literacy programs.

i'm for a balanced budget.

i'm also for lower taxes.

but i'm not so naive as to believe that we can have our cake and eat it too.

Yale College Inferno

• New daily nonstop to Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2005, 02:56:54 PM »
Then they hit you w/estate tax when you die.

Out of curiosity, what percentage of the population do you think this actually happens to?

Freak

• What's your agenda?!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - smileyill4663
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - smileyill
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2005, 03:15:51 PM »
I don't know about eating our cake and having it too. ~200 years ago we did, at least if you don't count Blacks, American Indians, and the landless [sic].  :D Of course, now everything is different; it's likely nobody can now.

sh*t, why did I wonder in here?

oh yeh, I was gonna say something....sh*t what was it???

Oh, yeh, how about the financial irresponsibility of a so called conservative president?  That's just my hypothesis though...granted I know jack dammit about economics, but I do know that if you spend more than you have, you are screwed, so....

I agree you, be10, at least on a general level. It's just hard to really know how much we have. Wealth isn't money, it's products - things, some add time and ideas, but those are very difficult to measure. The problem is that, in this country, we arguably have more time and ideas than products (though we have a lot of those as well).

It all means that we don't really know how much we have to spend as a nation. Historically money has measured wealth pretty well, but in medieval times land and time measured wealth.

This brings me to something I do know about.

But what makes the capital stay in the U.S. and thus help the taxpayers for whom the cuts were created?  ....  That's right, nothing.

I doubt you know just how accurately you described this truth.

Currently an old legal protection for hiding money has resurfaced, the perpetual trust. This trust instrument allows wealth to pass from generation to generation without depletion (thus less economically helpful). Although not currently legal it may become so shortly. This old instrument, coupled with new trusts which offer complete liability protection, enables the hoarding of money as never before. Worse, these liability protection trusts only offer complete liability protection outside of US jurisdiction, although trustors lose US legal protection, they risk that to avoid losing money for risky and profitable ventures they undertake.