Law School Discussion

Re: The Japanese Food Thread
« Reply #110 on: December 19, 2005, 08:26:03 AM »
Well, I wouldn't say it's "not at all related" to me - after all, Asian culture has played a pretty big role in my life.

"xindogu" is kind of like "chindogu," but with a pinyin-esque spelling for a little of that Chinese flair.

God I am a dork.

skaiserbrown

« Reply #111 on: December 20, 2005, 07:05:21 PM »
not like SW would know. check his facebook

biggest

honky

ever.

jsia.

skaiserbrown

« Reply #112 on: December 20, 2005, 08:02:09 PM »
what, honky?

you're kidding me.

or if you mean facebook, pfft, you liar.

SCgrad

« Reply #113 on: December 21, 2005, 12:25:13 AM »
It cracks me up that all of the banners at the bottom of the page have suddenly changed to ads for sushi restaurants...
:)

I wonder what the adds look like in the "Doing Sheep" thread  ???

jg983

« Reply #114 on: December 21, 2005, 01:42:55 AM »
I've been craving ahi tataki for the last two days. I can't wait for my old roommate to get back from Japan on Thursday so we can go out for sushi (oddly enough, he says the sushi's been awful in Asia).

SCgrad

« Reply #115 on: December 21, 2005, 01:47:08 AM »

They need the conveyer belt sushi restaurants in America (though they would probably get sued like McDonalds cause it is hard to stop eating when it just keeps coming by).  You sit down and the sushi just passes by and you can pick up as many plates as you want.  They charge you by how tall your stack of plates is.  Sushi is SOOOOO much cheaper in Japan, it will be hard to bring myself to buying inferior sushi at absorbent prices  :'(

SCgrad

« Reply #116 on: December 21, 2005, 01:53:18 AM »
we have them in new york.  jsia.  :)

New york just became better in my opinion.  Bet it is ridiculously expensive though.  I could probably drop 50 bones easy.