Law School Discussion

What do Cornell students have to say about their school?

!!

• View Profile
What do Cornell students have to say about their school?
« on: December 08, 2005, 06:56:37 PM »
What have you guys heard?

It's on Princeton Review's list of Most Competitive Students, but I'm pretty sure they just make stuff up.  The school is small and in the middle of nowhere, but it is attached to a kickass university.  What do people think?

Re: What do Cornell students have to say about their school?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 07:14:08 PM »
I can't really tell you about the law school, but as a senior at Cornell I'd say that the university is pretty competitive in general. I think that this is mostly due to the large number of students-- when you have that many people at a (pseudo) Ivy League, how can it be anything but? Of course, the law school is significantly smaller than other peer schools, but I wouldn't be surprised if the competitive atmosphere somehow transferred over.

Anyways, if we both end up at Cornell in our respective language programs, feel free to give me a shout :)

What have you guys heard?

It's on Princeton Review's list of Most Competitive Students, but I'm pretty sure they just make stuff up.  The school is small and in the middle of nowhere, but it is attached to a kickass university.  What do people think?

!!

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 07:20:47 PM »
For me it's coming down to UMich vs. Cornell, and I'm not as jazzed about the Germany program as I was when I applied.

Another important point is:  I've lived in Michigan all my life.  It would be nice to get away for awhile.

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 07:30:50 PM »
For me it's coming down to UMich vs. Cornell, and I'm not as jazzed about the Germany program as I was when I applied.

Another important point is:  I've lived in Michigan all my life.  It would be nice to get away for awhile.

Yeah it would be nice to get away from Ithaca forever. Haha.

practiceboy02

• Still misbehaving in law school
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 07:14:13 AM »

Seconded

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2005, 07:43:02 AM »

Seconded

Come on guys, its not so bad.  The only thing that really sucks is the winter.  It is a very beautiful area.  I used to think like that, but the closer I get to graduating the more I realize I'm gonna miss this place.

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 10:08:03 PM »
Hi, I am a first year law student at Cornell. I have to say it is very competitive, but in a good way, and I love it. I have no other law school to compare it to, but the people here take the work seriously and put in a lot of time and effort. However, it is not competitive against each other, people are very social, friendly, and there is a sense of working together as a team to help each other. I just finished exams and I am happy with my choice. The professors are amazing, they know and love the law and the students seem to be very smart.

as436

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2005, 10:11:00 PM »
im a senior at cornell.. school is gay.. ive taken a lot of classes at the law school and use that library, its nice as nice as the pictures make it look.. and if you are the type that likes to go out, bars close at 1am, and they are very very gay

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2005, 06:23:53 AM »
im a senior at cornell.. school is gay.. ive taken a lot of classes at the law school and use that library, its nice as nice as the pictures make it look.. and if you are the type that likes to go out, bars close at 1am, and they are very very gay

Now when you say gay, do you mean gay as in it sucks? or gay as in, literally homosexual?

as436

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2005, 09:01:07 AM »
it sucks.. i transferred from binghamton after my freshman year so i have some perspective on collegiate atmospheres and as far as Cornell goes - the social scene is terrible.. maybe law school kids make the most of it tho who knows