Georgetown

Steve Butabi

• and I was like "EMILIOOOO!"
    • View Profile
Re: Georgetown
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2005, 10:51:30 AM »
My first official DING...

:(

Not even waitlisted... Oh well, what can I do.

bummer, sorry. ime even more bummed because we are close to being twins. oh well, you'll get that first admit very soon. hang in there!!!!!!!

jeb240

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2005, 11:36:56 AM »
Hey ack!, why did you hide all your apps?

The idea is that final decisions can be posted, while pending apps remain hidden. This way I can contribute some helpful information to others on LSN without worrying about snooping adcomms, as they could never be sure that I had applied to their school. A very silly combination of paranoia and almost certainly faulty game theory.

I appreciate your trying to find a compromise between paranoia and the unofficial social contract you signed by registering and using LSN.  A lot of LSNers could learn from you.   :)

EDIT:  And I raise a glass to those having to suffer under the weight of GULCs number whorishness.

drama gal

• D-Jet
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2005, 12:08:51 PM »
Hey ack!, why did you hide all your apps?

The idea is that final decisions can be posted, while pending apps remain hidden. This way I can contribute some helpful information to others on LSN without worrying about snooping adcomms, as they could never be sure that I had applied to their school. A very silly combination of paranoia and almost certainly faulty game theory.

I appreciate your trying to find a compromise between paranoia and the unofficial social contract you signed by registering and using LSN.  A lot of LSNers could learn from you.   :)

EDIT:  And I raise a glass to those having to suffer under the weight of GULCs number whorishness.

Ahhh! I also raise my glass as victim of the whorishness. Just got my DING!

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2005, 12:14:22 PM »
oh my,

I don't think i want to get my mail today  :-[ .

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2005, 12:28:16 PM »
seriously.  i don't know which is bigger...my dread of checking my mail or my desire for my mail to hurry up and get here!

verbal

• AOL Instant Messenger - verbaltrinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2005, 12:47:22 PM »
well i just got my mail and still nothing from gulc. i think they r just toying with me

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2005, 01:58:14 PM »
DINGED at Georgetown, Early Decision, send 10/11, received via snail mail by mom on 12/9.  Now I'll actually have to make decisions!

Thank goodness the other George liked me this week, otherwise I might be really sad...

john83

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2005, 02:51:55 PM »
gulc ding. dated dec. 2. went decision dec. 2.

so far i'm 0 for 2 on Tier 1 schools and 3 for 3 on Tier 2 shcools. maybe this is a sign.

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2005, 03:55:50 PM »
The dreaded white envelope has arrived---why oh why wasn't it cream?----my numbers, that's why

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2005, 04:59:44 PM »
denied. awesome. not even a waitlist.