Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I screwed up big time.  (Read 1017 times)

phooey

I screwed up big time.
« on: December 08, 2005, 02:05:30 PM »
I just realized that I put some wrong dates on my apps, and resume for both schools I applied to.  Basically, I was mixed up about when I moved to the city/state I currently live in and started taking classes.  I actually got here one year earlier than I thought. I wouldn't sweat it all, but of course, I'm worried that they'll look at my transcript from that first school and be utterly confused because they'll see that I was here and enrolled a year before I said I was.  Worst case scenario is they'll think I'm a liar.  That thought makes me want to vomit.
Why am I so retarded?  I don't know.
What should I do?
Should I email them and notify them of the mistake, notify them in writing or what? >:(

sladkaya

• Sr. Citizen
  • Not born in Texas, but got here as soon as I could
    • View Profile
Re: I screwed up big time.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 09:59:05 PM »
Just call them and let them know that you've made a mistake in filling out the forms and request to send them updated copies to replace the originals.  Most schools will either replace or include them in you file.  If you'd like you can write a short note explaining what you just said in your post.

I wouldn't stress about it - I'm sure adcoms see it every day.
Accepted: Michigan($$), Northwestern($$$), Vanderbilt($$$), UCLA($$), UT($$$), WUSTL($$$), UIUC($$$$), Notre Dame($$),

Attending: TEXAS !!!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=sladkaya

slacker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 02:22:51 AM »
What sladkaya said. It looks better for you to be proactive in making a correction than for them to question the dates, and having to explain things at that point, even if the explanation would be the same either way.

Zorak

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 07:43:16 PM »
and remember that even adcoms are human and will tolerate mistakes if you are proactive about them.  I suggest not simpering too much--any professional still clings to some dignitity when making a mistake, and I usually resent profuse aplogies.

but then...that's me.

take a deep breath--you'll be fine =)

z

ps you know, chances are really good they would never notice if you didnt point it out....
UGPA 3.7/GGPA 3.9/LSAT 169
In: UWashington, Michigan, Lewis and Clark (full ride)
Who knows? Berkeley (how long can this take)

phooey

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 01:01:54 PM »
Thanks everyone.  I got notification that both my applications were received and LSDAS reports were ordered.  Think I'll shoot both schools an email asking to send updated docs.
Thanks!  I feel better now, I almost swallowed my tongue when I realized I did that.