Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Check this photo out  (Read 4785 times)

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
Re: Check this photo out
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2005, 03:47:02 AM »
how is this person's death necessary to our security?
Arab Majority May Not Stay Forever Silent
http://www.nysun.com/article/36110?page_no=1

SCgrad

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2005, 05:35:34 AM »
If you are for abortion so much, go have one.

whom are you addressing?  i didn't realize anyone on this thread was pregnant. 

but congratulations, whomever you are!  ;)

I was addressing Julie. Mostly because many people are telling others that are for this war that they should go fight it if they are so for it, well, if s/he is so for abortion, s/he should go have one then when s/he is expecting just to show how much for it s/he is. Same concept.

What Vinny fails to realize, and goes to why she cannot break 153, is that no one is pro-abortion, they are pro-choice. 

also, going to war for nothing should break your heart but as a chicken hawk you have no sense of empathy.

hth

I'll help you out Vinny. 

How about, if you are so pro-choice, why don't you become a doctor and open up an abortion clinic?  Not defending Vinny's position, but this charge that if you don't fight, you have no right to support the war is ridiculous.  It's out of the same book as saying that people who don't support the war don't care about the soldiers.  If you want to be a lawyer, or at least a person who makes coherent arguments, please avoid these bull arguments.

Also, 3peat, not trying to flame you, but why do you always write "hth" at the bottom of your messages?  You make good points, and you don't need to do this, just my opinion.  I just think it is a little pompous and gives the impression that you are saying you think you are better or more important than others, which I don't think is your intention.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2005, 06:01:55 AM »
you could get drafted?

julie could get drafted.

of course, mere serious mention of d-word would stop war instantly.  all of our young warmongerers be crying to their mommies and daddies to call their congressman.

anyway, julie not fight this war, draft or no.  hell, even most of its supporters unwilling to fight it.  that show shallow just how shallow its support, and all republican sloganeering in world not change that.

SCgrad

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2005, 06:08:23 AM »

that show shallow just how shallow its support,

shallow sure did need to be shown; now he corrects his ways...

Julie, you know how much I care about you. :-*

I don't want to see you in a war.

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2005, 12:38:45 PM »
If you are for abortion so much, go have one.

whom are you addressing?  i didn't realize anyone on this thread was pregnant. 

but congratulations, whomever you are!  ;)

I was addressing Julie. Mostly because many people are telling others that are for this war that they should go fight it if they are so for it, well, if s/he is so for abortion, s/he should go have one then when s/he is expecting just to show how much for it s/he is. Same concept.

What Vinny fails to realize, and goes to why she cannot break 153, is that no one is pro-abortion, they are pro-choice. 

also, going to war for nothing should break your heart but as a chicken hawk you have no sense of empathy.

hth

I'll help you out Vinny. 

How about, if you are so pro-choice, why don't you become a doctor and open up an abortion clinic?  Not defending Vinny's position, but this charge that if you don't fight, you have no right to support the war is ridiculous.  It's out of the same book as saying that people who don't support the war don't care about the soldiers.  If you want to be a lawyer, or at least a person who makes coherent arguments, please avoid these bull arguments.

Also, 3peat, not trying to flame you, but why do you always write "hth" at the bottom of your messages?  You make good points, and you don't need to do this, just my opinion.  I just think it is a little pompous and gives the impression that you are saying you think you are better or more important than others, which I don't think is your intention.

The hth thing is mostly reserved for Vinny because she needs all the help she can get.

as far as the abortion analogy, if you could just sign up to give abortions, I would do it, especially in the poorer neighborhoods

and to say that "oh well, that's the cost of war." is f-ing outrageous when you (not you, but one in general) havent given or sacrificed a goddam thing but are willing to sacrifice the lives of others, of other people's loved ones, of other people's daddys/brothers/sisters/mothers.  it drives me insane because it is like no one actually understands how much you are asking of them, but kind of just expects them to do it.  this isnt WWII where we had no choice, this is Vietnam II where we had all the choice and on a whim, unilaterally attacked and invaded a country that had done nothing to us, ever. 
Arab Majority May Not Stay Forever Silent
http://www.nysun.com/article/36110?page_no=1

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2005, 03:43:21 PM »

hth

I broke 153 routinely on my practice LSATs. You win some and lose others. The actual day happened to be the one that I lost, I suppose. Whatever, you move on.

skaiserbrown

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2005, 03:59:25 PM »
you're an inferior mind, vinny. have fun struggling through the meritocracy :)

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2005, 04:01:53 PM »
Yeah, but there are worse things that could happen, of course.

you have no sense of empathy for the sacrifices that are made in war.  people are dying, whole families are changed forever, and you have done absolutely squat for this country

I never said that I don't empathize with the families experiencing the loss of loved ones. I was just stating that in war people do die. It is inevitable.
How do you know what I am doing for this country? you know nothing about me and have no authority to state that at all.

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2005, 04:04:50 PM »
you're an inferior mind, vinny. have fun struggling through the meritocracy :)

For your information, I am not struggling, I have plenty of offers in our meritocracy at the moment.

skaiserbrown

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2005, 04:10:17 PM »
sub-par, little feller.

but keep plugging!