Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Let's predict which LSD'ers will be gunners next year  (Read 4119 times)

KT

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Let's predict which LSD'ers will be gunners next year
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2005, 05:24:21 PM »
Yeah, I'm highly ambitious, and I like to talk in class, and silence in class freaks me out, and I love school and thinking and yay!
So y'all can bite me if that's trying too hard or not cool or whatever--we'll just see how it works out in the end...

Sweet, I was afraid I was going to come home and find that I was the only one here who admitted to being interested in class (I have no idea how the "smart slacker" personality ever became popular, I'm having a lot more fun as the "assertive logician"). It's good to knwo that some of this board's more beloved members share my affliction. 

I'm one of the board's more beloved members?
Sweet!

Unless you're referring to Su...
She is more hip in the on-topic world.
Lovers: Washington and Lee, Georgetown, UVA, Duke, NYU, Columbia, Chicago, Berkeley!
Haters: Michigan, Stanford, Harvard

My new boyfriend: Virginia!

KT

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2005, 05:41:37 PM »
I was talking about both of you (and practiceboy to some extent as well), but I liked your attitude the best, which is why I chose to quote you. You know everyone loves you, KT. :)

Awww... you're so nice!
You should hang out in off-topic, it's where all the cool kids are...

I'm a bit irregular in that I do both, and Su's starting to join the darkside, but yeah.  It's a nice way to balance the neurosis.

And congrats on your acceptances already!  Do you have a top choice?
Lovers: Washington and Lee, Georgetown, UVA, Duke, NYU, Columbia, Chicago, Berkeley!
Haters: Michigan, Stanford, Harvard

My new boyfriend: Virginia!

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2005, 05:53:43 PM »
HEY I was picked first!! I wonder why, hummmmmmmmmmmmm. Well if you did know me in undergrad I was that person who enjoyed giving long ass answers to professors questions. One time comes to mind in my World Lit class. I was the only one who answered the question and the only one who did it well. I shall take this honor and carry it to law school. Gracias, lol. "I think"lol
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

incognito

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2005, 05:58:05 PM »
I think there is a big difference between people who gun in class to make a good grade and those who gun in class because they are interested in the material.  Professors can tell the difference.  Don't be the first type.
Duke 2009

Over The Hill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2005, 06:58:32 PM »
If I am interested in a class's material, I am definitely a gunner. I will be up to speed on the material and talking a lot in class. My gunner-ness, however, isn't rooted in a desire to feel smarter than other students and I'm always willing to ask for help when I don't understand something. It's really more about grades for me. An example: I am still upset with myself for getting an A- at the start of my junior year because I know with a few more hours worth of work I could have easily turned it into an A and my degree-granting GPA would be 4. I guess a truly hardcore gunner wouldn't have gotten the A- in the first place. ;)

LawyersGunnersnMoney

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2005, 07:22:31 PM »
not to split hairs even more, but i believe a gunner is someone who not only does all of the above (i.e, answers all the questions, does extra reading, etc.) but also is intellectually inferior.  they do all of this extra work, make it worse on everyone, but still have trouble being at the top of the class...

im interested to see where ill fall.  in college i was a drunk who did the bare minimum at best but was able to do pretty well (except freshman yr when i shouldve failed out).  im definitely going to work hard in law school but hopefully not to the point of being a gunner   

mobo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2005, 09:08:29 PM »
i thought a gunner was someone who worked really hard to be uber-prepared, and was smart, but that most of all, s/he was very competitive with classmates - like not sharing outlines or information...

i don't wanna be a gunner. i do want to put everything i have got into my ls studies though. maybe i can aim for having the highest gpa ever at my law school? (as my laughter echoes into my empty, lonely, desolate mailbox, devoid of any sign of an acceptance into any law school, anywhere...)

jhare

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - moonmeadowe
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2005, 09:30:55 PM »
I have to imagine that if you're on this site, you have something of the gunner in you. You could be procrastinating on the Television Without Pity forums.

Law2k6

• Sr. Citizen
  • U.Va. Law, J.D. 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2005, 09:52:13 PM »
What's the term for someone who studies really hard and yet still isn't at the top of the class? Gunner Out of Ammo? That'll be me I expect.  :-\
U.Va. Law, J.D. 2009

LawyersGunnersnMoney

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2005, 10:39:49 PM »
I have to imagine that if you're on this site, you have something of the gunner in you. You could be procrastinating on the Television Without Pity forums.

very true.  i think my slacker days are truly gone.  gunner in training

"I think we should rename this thread: "What is a gunner?"
i agree.  for any college bball fans out there, im convinced ls gunner = steve wojciechowski...not a compliment