Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Let's predict which LSD'ers will be gunners next year  (Read 3935 times)

Vannabunny

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - savannah_honey@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
High Priestess of the P-Dub Club

talking dirty to vanna is like... like... hitting on the pope or someting

IU-B grad student, working in corporate America

Vannabunny

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - savannah_honey@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Let's predict which LSD'ers will be gunners next year
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2005, 02:25:42 PM »
After kindegarten, I was in G&T classes, but we couldn't start those til 1st grade. Kindergarten was such a waste of time.
High Priestess of the P-Dub Club

talking dirty to vanna is like... like... hitting on the pope or someting

IU-B grad student, working in corporate America

sck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2005, 02:48:01 PM »
I would imagine that if you're a professor, you're a professor because you like endless debate.  (Well, maybe not in chemistry.  That's pretty straightforward "either it blows up or it doesn't.")  Most students are a waste of your time, but the ones who question authority make the class interesting -- even for those of us who aren't talking.  jsia.

Yes....

I had this British prof for political science when I was in college. He was very fond of doing this. In fact, his favorite thing to do in class was to say something outrageous and let us fight it out. He didn't have to say much, except to egg it on. He usually laughed at the arguments that started, too. That, and the fact that he looked really nice in his jeans were the two compelling reasons to go to class at 8 am.
LSN
Nontrad, with a crazy split

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Sr. Citizen
  • Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2005, 04:21:46 PM »
How far I've come...back in the day, I would have instantly recognized this as Gifted and Talented...instead, all I can think of now is Gin & Tonic.

My school didn't have gifted and talented, which at the time I was bitter about. 

I never contradict someone unless they're very, very wrong, and even them I'm extremely polite about it.  In high school correcting teachers seemed like being an a-hole, and in college my profs were pretty much universally brilliant, so I never heard anything that needed "correcting."  I don't talk just to talk, but I'll certainly volunteer to answer questions in class, and I'm sure I'm going to spend a lot of time studying and prepping for class.  If that makes me a gunner, so be it.

I miss studying so hardcore.  I miss paper writing too.  My ex, who's still in UG, thinks I'm totally crazy for this.

UGAfootballfanatic

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2005, 04:44:22 PM »
Yeah, Su, I was pegging you as the sniper type- looks like I was right. ;D

curly

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm sexy
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2005, 04:45:29 PM »
I'm so glad Su just said that. I was beginning to think being prepared and interested was going to be really uncool...again.
Red's "The Official Crush of LSD" Award Recipient.

Also, "Hottest Roommate" Award. I'm now prestigious by association.

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=lgirl

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2005, 04:48:53 PM »
I'm so glad Su just said that. I was beginning to think being prepared and interested was going to be really uncool...again.

I'm kind of afraid it is.  But I've really never been cool, so I'm prepared to deal with that.   :D

KT

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2005, 04:54:00 PM »

I'm kind of afraid it is.  But I've really never been cool, so I'm prepared to deal with that.   :D

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuu-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
(like a farmer)

Yeah, I'm highly ambitious, and I like to talk in class, and silence in class freaks me out, and I love school and thinking and yay!
So y'all can bite me if that's trying too hard or not cool or whatever--we'll just see how it works out in the end...
Lovers: Washington and Lee, Georgetown, UVA, Duke, NYU, Columbia, Chicago, Berkeley!
Haters: Michigan, Stanford, Harvard

My new boyfriend: Virginia!

aac2022

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2005, 04:56:13 PM »
I'd add -
Covert Gunner: a person that sits in the back, prepares well, doesn't respond to questions, waits for someone to mess up and then shoots them down/crushes their argument.

This is most definitely me.  I don't answer the stupid questions but if someone says something completely inane (yet only if they think they are incredibly smart) I take them down.

Edit: And only if I'm pretty positive I'm right.  There's plenty of times I have no idea what is going on due to Sudoko/Crossword Puzzles.
Accepted: GULC, Harvard, Michigan, NYU, Penn, Chicago, Columbia
Denied: Stanford
Waitlisted: Yale

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=aac2022

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2005, 04:58:14 PM »
Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
(like a farmer)

Y'know, that's the exact reason I spell my name Su instead of Sue.  'Cause when I was 8 I tried Sue and my sister called me Suueeeee for months.