Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: friggin' fire alarm  (Read 1806 times)

fauxsheesy

• AOL Instant Messenger - fauxsheesy
    • View Profile
    • LSN
friggin' fire alarm
« on: December 08, 2005, 08:58:44 AM »
the test center wasn't all that bad...  though, they gave all 150 some of us only 10 minutes for break.  i don't understand why LSAC doesn't standardize the break-time, as it seems that those with a 15 minute break get a slight advantage.

anyway, we're rolling through section 5.  my experimental is over (i had AR-LR-AR-LR-RC), and i'm plowing through the RC on native canadians when the damn fire alarm goes off!  so with 12 minutes left on the clock the head proctor waits...  and about a minute later decides we have to evacuate.  so we go outside...  it's about 20 degrees.  i'm not a smoker, but every smoker in the damn building took the occasion to get in a cigarette break.  so i'm out there choking on their stink and trying to remember everything i can about some poor native canadians and their property rights.

we got back in and they restarted the clock where we had left off.  i managed to get through it and lucky for me, i found the RC on polarity development fairly easy.  still, it pisses me off to think some kid decided that it'd be a lot of fun to pull a false alarm in the middle of my lsat... 
90% GMU Bound
10% Waiting...

sea dream

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: friggin' fire alarm
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 10:26:27 AM »
wow, that stinks. a lot of the times i leave some to go back to, and obviously retention rate of passage/questions would be pretty low if you had to go outside. tho then again i guess you have time to mull over some of the q's.. but without the passage in front of you that wouldn't be all that effective. just seems like this must have been really bad, especially in RC. i wouldn't mind a long break during an LR section. lol
Nevermind. Queen of the Waitlists, anyways.

fauxsheesy

• AOL Instant Messenger - fauxsheesy
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 11:37:52 AM »
wow, that stinks. a lot of the times i leave some to go back to, and obviously retention rate of passage/questions would be pretty low if you had to go outside. tho then again i guess you have time to mull over some of the q's.. but without the passage in front of you that wouldn't be all that effective. just seems like this must have been really bad, especially in RC. i wouldn't mind a long break during an LR section. lol

exactly...  i'd be cool if it were LR. 

i had just finished reading the passage and had not gotten to the questions, so while i was outside freezing i tried to imagine what kinds of things they might ask.
90% GMU Bound
10% Waiting...

pistolpete23

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 09:21:06 AM »

i think that this type of situation should be automatic grounds for a do over.

pistol pete