Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Florida law School? Please Help!  (Read 1279 times)

Keanan

• Place Personal Text Here
    • View Profile
Florida law School? Please Help!
« on: November 21, 2003, 04:33:37 PM »
I am graduating with a BA in Business Admin. from the University of North Florida this semester. After much contemplation over what to do next, I have decided that law is the direction I want to take. The only problem is that I am a single mother who is unable to move away from Jacksonville. Has anyone heard anything about Florida Coastal School of Law? This school is very close to my home but I don't want to waste the time, money and effort if the diploma will be useless. The University of Florida is about one hour away, Nova Southeastern is about 4 hours away and Stetson is about 5. Has anyone heard anything about any of these schools that would be worth me leaving Jacksonville and family to attend? Also, my undergraduate GPA is 3.6, I have not taken the LSAT yet. I want to study for an entire semester, making the LSAT prep an entire semester's worth of work. How much will my GPA count? I have heard that students with a GPA lower than a 3.8 have a difficult time getting into University of Florida. That concerns me because the only other school that is slightly close to me is Florida Coastal School of Law and they are a relatively new school. Please if anyone has advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Dan

Re:Florida law School? Please Help!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2003, 07:27:25 PM »
I wouldn't listen to any stories...
Go to LSAC.org and do a little research.  UFL is the best school of those you've mentioned.  3.5 is above their average.  Do well on the LSAT (160+) and don't worry.
Stetson, Nova and Coastal are just in case you screw up on the LSAT.
Also, I'd recommend you get some work experience 3-5 years before going to law school.

Good Luck.