Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Stanford Question  (Read 1050 times)

Farmers Tan

• View Profile
Stanford Question
« on: December 06, 2005, 04:43:07 PM »
I just recieved an email from Stanford saying that they have just recieved my application and they would notify me when it becomes complete. When should I expect my application to be complete?  Thanks.

ACK!

• Sr. Citizen
  • RESIST THE EARTHQUAKE! REUNITE GONDWANALAND!
    • View Profile
Re: Stanford Question
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 04:44:44 PM »
They took exactly one month for me from recieved to complete, but mine was really a donation.  Supposedly stonger applicants go faster at Stanford.  I would look here for more info:

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/search_schools.php?action=search&cycle=3&school_code=4704&sort=sent&order=d&application_type=0
U Chi '09

Farmers Tan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 04:47:21 PM »
thanks. But the link doesnt indicate how long it takes applications to be complete after they are recieved by the school. The site just says how long it takes after they have been sent.

ACK!

• Sr. Citizen
  • RESIST THE EARTHQUAKE! REUNITE GONDWANALAND!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 04:50:20 PM »
To get the received/complete difference, one has to look at individual profiles. However, some people put the LSDAS report request as the received date and others put emails like your, so it's sketchy info at best.

People at Stanford live in a sunny, better place. Forgive them if they take longer to complete your application.  :)
U Chi '09

thenextstep

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 05:30:46 PM »
I think the turnaround time for Stanford is faster for people who applied after they switched computer systems (sometime around 10/15).  It took almost exactly a month for me from the received email to complete as well but people who applied a week after me went complete 5-10 days before me.  Odd I think.  But I know they had a different system before mid-October so I figure that was the issue.  I'd say if it takes more than 4 weeks, call/email them. 

clairel

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago 3L
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2005, 06:57:00 PM »
my app went complete really quickly. i turned in my stuff on 11/1 and i think i was complete in two weeks, at the latest.

TheRenegade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2005, 07:00:52 PM »
My application also went complete really fast, in about a week and a half if remember correctly.

LAS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2005, 09:41:16 PM »
I'm still not complete and its really stressing me out. I called and they said they were still processing my LSAC report, which they requested on 10/18. Is there anything I can do? That was over 6 weeks ago!
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=LASMO

In: Georgetown, Boalt, Michigan, NYU, GW, Northwestern, Penn, Harvard, NW, Columbia, Chicago, Stanford
Waitlisted: Yale
Pending:  None.

snikrep

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2005, 10:22:24 PM »
Did everybody get emails saying they received the app?  I submitted mine a couple weeks ago, and haven't heard anything (they did request my LSAC file though).  Do they always email?

John Galt

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2005, 10:26:51 PM »
Did everybody get emails saying they received the app?  I submitted mine a couple weeks ago, and haven't heard anything (they did request my LSAC file though).  Do they always email?

nah, i just got a complete email.