Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GW and Diversity  (Read 1113 times)

AH

• LSD Obsessed
  • but you're a hippo!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
GW and Diversity
« on: December 06, 2005, 03:55:05 PM »
I'm 20% American Indian (marked Native American/Caucasian on apps) with horrible LSAT (152) and ok gpa (3.36 cumulative undergrad, with tons of extra credits at time of grad).  I went to a "Public Ivy" (whatever that means) for undergrad and grad.  After getting a 152 on the first LSAT I retook a year later and got the same score, given that my gres and sats were low I'm guessing I'm not a good test taker. I know excuses, excuses, but my gpa is lower due to a learning disability not identified until after two horrible semesters of a foreign language and the multiple overloads I took in conjunction with working.

Here's my question... I heard GW is very appreciative of "soft factors" but they were one of two schools I applied to that I couldn't find a way to incorporate my diversity statement (on educational and socioeconomic factors) into my application.  Did I miss something and should I send it ahead?  The only reason I'm applying is that I have a NB fee waiver because I know my chances of acceptance are propbably around 0.05%, but if there's anything I could do to help up the odds even a little that would be great. 
Quote from: Stanley James Watson III
I <3 AH.
the official gettin' busy poster of the OPC!
Official Realistic Numbers Holder of the Revolution
Quote from: Groundhog
honorary fellow LSD rodent.
www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=arhodg

mobo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: GW and Diversity
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 04:52:24 PM »
send it anyway. i sent mine to schools that didn't specifically ask for it because i felt that it rounded out my application and provided some needed context. worst case is that they won't read it. best is that it tips the application into the yes! pile.

AH

• LSD Obsessed
  • but you're a hippo!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 05:05:53 PM »
Thanks!  I'll mail it tomorrow with a new opening line.

BTW mobo-- I saw you on LSN b/c we're applying to some of the same schools-- good luck!!! 
Quote from: Stanley James Watson III
I <3 AH.
the official gettin' busy poster of the OPC!
Official Realistic Numbers Holder of the Revolution
Quote from: Groundhog
honorary fellow LSD rodent.
www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=arhodg

mobo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 05:14:55 PM »
thanks so much for the support!!! it will be interesting to see how the season plays out. i need to start doing something other than surfing lsd and waiting for my mail carrier though, or i will be too crazy by spring to attend ls in the fall. ;D

good luck to you too!