Law School Discussion

"Complete" at NU without interview?

"Complete" at NU without interview?
« on: December 05, 2005, 09:17:08 PM »
So, today I checked my Northwestern status via the website and for the first time it listed me as "Complete".  The problem is, I am planning on interviewing with an alumni in the next few days.  I submitted my interview date via the website they asked us to enter it into sometime last week.  Does the "Complete" status mean that my application is being reviewed before the interview? Do you think I should call them about this? I would like my interview to be considered as part of my application.

Thanks.

ACK!

• RESIST THE EARTHQUAKE! REUNITE GONDWANALAND!
    • View Profile
Re: "Complete" at NU without interview?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 08:26:44 AM »
So, today I checked my Northwestern status via the website and for the first time it listed me as "Complete".  The problem is, I am planning on interviewing with an alumni in the next few days.  I submitted my interview date via the website they asked us to enter it into sometime last week.  Does the "Complete" status mean that my application is being reviewed before the interview? Do you think I should call them about this? I would like my interview to be considered as part of my application.

Thanks.

I would call, as my impression is that it hurts not to have an interview without really high stats. Although it could just be an error. The NU online checker seems a little buggy, as it indicates my application was first received on a different day every time I check (right now it has it at a week after NU requested my LSDAS report) ???

Is it just me or are most of the status checks more of a hassle than they are worth? Some don't update properly, some just don't work, and one still has to ultimately wait for the mail (with the apparent exception of NU).

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 08:54:00 AM »
thanks, i'm gonna contact them.

Hobert

• Rossi! Rossi! Rossi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 08:57:36 AM »
Is it just me or are most of the status checks more of a hassle than they are worth? Some don't update properly, some just don't work, and one still has to wait for the mail (with the apparent exception of NU).

Hmm, once I know where I am going to school, I should leave my job a bit early and develop a good  status checker system. Trial test it at the school I am planning to attend.  ;D And then try to sell it to other schools once I have worked out the bugs.

ACK!

• RESIST THE EARTHQUAKE! REUNITE GONDWANALAND!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 09:02:47 AM »
Is it just me or are most of the status checks more of a hassle than they are worth? Some don't update properly, some just don't work, and one still has to wait for the mail (with the apparent exception of NU).

Hmm, once I know where I am going to school, I should leave my job a bit early and develop a good  status checker system. Trial test it at the school I am planning to attend.  ;D And then try to sell it to other schools once I have worked out the bugs.

With thousands of applications at $70 dollars a pop, you might be able to get a nice lucrative racket going with that, and save the rest of us a lot of heartburn.  :D