Law School Discussion

Re: In at Wisconsin!
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2006, 01:55:14 PM »
congrats to everyone--i visited madison a while back and loved it!

The acceptance letter mentioned that I'd be receiving lots of info in the next weeks, maybe the admit days info will be somewhere there.

i'm wondering if anyone has recieved any materials since their acceptance.  i was accepted back in december and have recieved nada since the acceptance letter.  being to get worried here...

what did you like about madison? im trying to get more first-hand accounts. thanks! :) btw all the materials ive gotten since my early jan. acceptence letter are as follows:

mazagine about madison and law in action newsletter with a letter about what some of their grads are doing now

scholarship application email

email to remind me to file my fafsa

email inviting me to the two open houses

ljl3y

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2006, 02:30:20 PM »
Thanks darkwing.  Very good to know what to watch for!

jeb240

« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2006, 08:34:42 PM »
Sorry HLC, but it looks like I'll be going to the April 7th/8th weekend.

But after talking about it with Mike (Dean Hall), I definitely did not get the impression that staying with students is a doable thing.  By "talking" I mean I wrote him an email about it and he responded, but I failed to ask about accomodations.

Maybe someone else could feel this one out?

equal

« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2006, 01:05:04 AM »

what did you like about madison? im trying to get more first-hand accounts. thanks! :) btw all the materials ive gotten since my early jan. acceptence letter are as follows:

mazagine about madison and law in action newsletter with a letter about what some of their grads are doing now

scholarship application email

email to remind me to file my fafsa

email inviting me to the two open houses

thanks-- i've recieved the emails but nothing else.  you haven't gotten any information about deposits, or important dates have you?

my visit to madison was really positive, but it was also in the summer and classes weren't on.  i don't know if you're familar with madison, but the city is definetly a plus.  the school was very nice--in a more modern building with lots of light right smack inthe middle of UW campus.  the students i met seemed really normal, relaxed, and very happy.  many 1Ls were on campus--they had spent the summer participating in one of UW's many clinics and had good things to say about the experience.

fell free to ask any specific questions, that's all i can think of at the moment!

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2006, 09:15:22 AM »
I got in yesterday, and after reading the letter again I thought that it was funny.  Did everyone else's letter say that the admission comittee voted them in?  Also when did everyone else get the information about admitted students weekend?

ljl3y

« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2006, 09:03:22 AM »
I thought the voting line was funny, too.  I wonder how close it was, and whether any hanging chads were involved.

still no further info has arrived since the 1st letter... so I'm taking youall's word for it on the admit weekend timing

sigh

I suppose I'll try for the April 7/8 weekend, though wow I don't know if I can get that much time off of work... if I'm going to choose between UIUC and Wisconsin, I'll need to see them both - and UIUC's admit days are 3/3 and 3/31...

HippieLawChick

• Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2006, 09:18:58 AM »
There is no seat deposit at Wisconsin.  It's done on the honor system.

« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2006, 10:17:52 AM »
There is no seat deposit at Wisconsin.  It's done on the honor system.

really? thats good to know, thanks! :)

HippieLawChick

• Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2006, 11:56:45 AM »
Congrats Jammer!

ljl3y

« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2006, 07:38:54 AM »
just an update for all of you - I attended the open house this past weekend and Mike Hall mentioned that no schollarship offers have been sent yet (is that true?)

Also, seems like only 30% or so will be offered any money.

I really liked Wisc and Madison - The clinical programs especially are exciting.  I'd be happy to comment further if anyone PMs me.

However, I also attended UIUC this weekend and it's got some pretty special things such as an amaxing administration which have me pretty convinced that I'd take it over UWMadison, especially if UW wouldn't match my UIUC scholarship, which it sounds like they don't do.