Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Fox News - Fair and Balanced?  (Read 3537 times)

superiorlobe

Re: Fox News - Fair and Balanced?
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2004, 02:00:23 PM »
Not to belabor the point, but where did I say jeffjoe was wrong?  I merely pointed out the alternatives.  That is it.  

Excellent.  I love the way you're backing off.   ;D

swagger

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Swagger008
    • View Profile
    • LSN for stats
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2004, 02:02:41 PM »
But I will say, lobes, that you are a moron.

Not every post has to be agree/disagree.  I wasn't disagreeing with jeffjoe.  I just pointed out that he can change the channel if he doesn't like what he sees.  Maybe he wasn't aware of that fact, and I was trying to help him.

superiorlobe

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2004, 02:04:39 PM »

Not every post has to be agree/disagree.  I wasn't disagreeing with jeffjoe.  I just pointed out that he can change the channel if he doesn't like what he sees.  Maybe he wasn't aware of that fact, and I was trying to help him.

I am being a bit belligerent, heh heh.  I just love flexing that big muscle in my head.

jgruber

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2004, 02:06:35 PM »
You know, jeffjoe, you are right.  It is dishonest.  I take back my earlier post.

OK.  I don't mind news with a slant - viewpoint.  I prefer it.  Just don't lie to me that you're objective.

PS  I agreed with both sides in the 'debate' during the program.  I could see valid points on both sides.

swagger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN for stats
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2004, 02:07:48 PM »
Lobes, okay, but don't hurt yourself.  I would hate to deprive the world of your massive intelligence because you died of a brain aneurysm after reading my post.

jgruber

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2004, 02:10:41 PM »
He said he's a muskuhl head.

I am being a bit belligerent, heh heh.  I just love flexing that big muscle in my head.

swagger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN for stats
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2004, 02:15:44 PM »
You know, jeffjoe, you are right.  It is dishonest.  I take back my earlier post.

OK.  I don't mind news with a slant - viewpoint.  I prefer it.  Just don't lie to me that you're objective.

PS  I agreed with both sides in the 'debate' during the program.  I could see valid points on both sides.

Seriously, my post was hasty and not well-thought out.  I was pissed at something at work and I responded stupidly.  Of course Fox is biased.

Section Eight

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2004, 03:50:40 PM »
I just caught about 8 minutes of a Fox news program, where pro-life and pro-choice advocates were dscussing a controversial birth control program.

The host of the show interupted or cut-off the pro-choice advocate four times, and did not interrupt of cut-off the pro-life advocate at all.

Haven't we had this conversation recently?  To be honest, there is no major media organization in the US that is not subject to political bias.  I personally like Fox News the best, however, we all know why.  ;D

Jason

jgruber

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2004, 03:51:43 PM »
Bias is OK, but not when it hides behind a slogon like "Fair and Balanced"

I just caught about 8 minutes of a Fox news program, where pro-life and pro-choice advocates were dscussing a controversial birth control program.

The host of the show interupted or cut-off the pro-choice advocate four times, and did not interrupt of cut-off the pro-life advocate at all.

Haven't we had this conversation recently?  To be honest, there is no major media organization in the US that is not subject to political bias.  I personally like Fox News the best, however, we all know why.  ;D

Jason

thinknpositive

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2004, 04:34:23 PM »
This is why I can't stand watching the news anymore... I have to keep in the back of my head that someone's agenda is getting pushed, and what I see and hear isn't necessarily the truth or real.  And if I think about that too much, I get squigged out.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your law professors will also be pushing their own agendas.