Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Should I write an addendum?  (Read 233 times)

loveless

• Sr. Citizen
  • Law school is NICE!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Should I write an addendum?
« on: December 04, 2005, 11:06:28 PM »
On my resume, I stated that I will be "working in D.C." next semester. I was unsure of the experience I would have in D.C., but have since found out what it will be.

I will be working at the American Enterprise Institute helping to create an international environmental index that will compare differing nations around the world. I will be a research assistant on this position. I will also be taking 12 credits and writing a 30-page thesis on my experience at AEI.

I know this probably would be most useful to add after I finish the assignment/job, but was wondering what you guys would do. It's a pretty interesting experience that I will have under my belt when I get to law school.
"Pre-tay, pre-tay, pre-tay good."

Attending: Michigan.

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=loveless

ACK!

• Sr. Citizen
  • RESIST THE EARTHQUAKE! REUNITE GONDWANALAND!
    • View Profile
Re: Should I write an addendum?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 11:27:34 PM »
Iím not knowledgeable enough to answer your question as to whether you should send an addendum (I would), but as others have pointed out in other posts, many adcomms are quite liberal, so it would seem like a good idea to present experience at a conservative think tank carefully.

Good luck with your time there!
U Chi '09

thescreed

Re: Should I write an addendum?
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 12:30:44 AM »
That's the kind of gig that will give you some hard freakin' lessons about how think tanks work. Here's two for a head start:

1. No matter how sloppy your final report is, the media and policymakers will eat it up if you present the results in the form of rankings or letter grades (report card).

2. Altering data will end your career, but "weighting" different categories according to your ideological needs is standard operating procedure.

Have fun -- there are some decent folks at AEI.