Princeton Review SUCKS ASS!

shadowcreeper

• LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
Princeton Review SUCKS ASS!
« on: July 12, 2004, 07:24:55 AM »
I took the Princeton Review a few months ago, it ended June 12th, I took the June 14th LSAT. It was a total waste. Everything they teach is common sense and can be learned by buying one of their books for $30. They only give you about 4 real LSAT's, and they never go over anything one on one with you. I requested extra help once, the teacher was about 45 minutes late, and did not really work through my questions.

I realized this was not going to work so i started taking real test after real test and my practice scores started to really go up.

I took the real deal, my score went up one point from my previous score. I was pissed and figured I would be able to get my money back.

In the begining of the class the teacher made us fill out a form and explained that we would either get money back or retake the class for free if we were unsatisfied. So I called up to find out how to get my money back and they told me that money back is not a part of the guarantee. I argued for a little while, but I was not getting anywhere. I talked to another person and they said the same thing. To get the money back, I would have had to go down points, so the only thing I could do is take the sucky course again...I need that like a hole in the head!!

I would caution anyone from taking this prep class. They do not teach you anything spectacular, they are shady, and they are not upfront with you on the guarantee.

Do not spend $1,100 to go up a point. Take your money and put it into a different prep course!

~Kim

grahamers

• Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Princeton Review SUCKS ASS!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2004, 07:46:36 AM »
I took the course and found it very helpfull.  Like any other course, you get out of it what you put in.  We took at lest 5 fully administered tests and our teacher made himeself available for hours at a time on the weekends.

My score went from a 158 to a 170.

Note:  I am not employed by PR nor in any other way do I receive compensation from them.  I just think that it is useful... ESPECIALLY in keeping you on a study schedule.

thinknpositive

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2004, 07:52:52 AM »
I took the course and found it very helpfull.  Like any other course, you get out of it what you put in.  We took at lest 5 fully administered tests and our teacher made himeself available for hours at a time on the weekends.

My score went from a 158 to a 170.

Note:  I am not employed by PR nor in any other way do I receive compensation from them.  I just think that it is useful... ESPECIALLY in keeping you on a study schedule.

Yeah, it works for some people.  To each his own.  It's not an LSAT elixir, you get out of it what you put in.

shadowcreeper

• LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2004, 08:16:01 AM »
I did all of the homework and spent hours trying to hash through what I did right and wrong on the questions. In retrospect I think there are a lot better courses out there, I just wish I knew it before I put my time into the Princeton Review. Who knows, you said you had a good teacher, maybe that made a difference.