Law School Discussion

UPDATED DEC RC LIST

Brett McKay

• The Frugal Law Student
    • View Profile
    • The Frugal Law Student
UPDATED DEC RC LIST
« on: December 03, 2005, 11:14:35 PM »
Here's what I scrapped together from the list. Please, stop bitching about the tacit agreement or the bird question. Let's just focus on adding to the list. Please list any corrections. Thanks.
passage 1 caves
   1. what would author most likely agree with-people had specialized roles
   2. implicite acceptance
passage 2 gluck
    1.tone- tassit or indifferent
   2. what does inheritance mean-
   3. what would author agree with- if people unconciously write more differences will appear
   4. analogy- bird in the air
   5. answer: acknowledged it was male-dominated, but the importance of it was its universal themes
      still not clear what the stimulus was
passage 3 cannadian
   1. point of first paragraph-
   2.what passage said about individual and property rights
   3.how does the author feel about the laws...will they change and does he think they should- a certain judges would respect communal laws and author would be glad
passage 4 embryo
   For the embryo questions- some that I remember and the answer choices that I think were correct:
   1) What is meant by conservation of mechanism- analogous parts come about by same method
   2) What is differnt between frog/fruit flies- fruit flies take longer to set poles
   3) What can be inferred- scentists know how most simple vertebrates polarize OR there will be more experiement done to find out human polarization
   4) What can we know about human poolartization- it takes longer(or more division) to polarize then reptiles
   5) What is the point of third or secon paragraph- to demonstrate various ways that animals can polarize

Brett McKay

• The Frugal Law Student
    • View Profile
    • The Frugal Law Student
Re: UPDATED DEC RC LIST
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 11:15:03 PM »
looks like Wolive beat me to it

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 12:24:23 AM »
for the "implicit acceptance" question - do you remember any more details about the question or other answer choices?

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 12:27:30 AM »
it was somethign about authors view of the anthropologists reasoning aboutthe use of the art ?

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 06:33:08 AM »
There was one on the first passage -- I don't remember the question, but I know I picked answer E, that tribal rituals were used in addition to cave paintings to gain magical power over the animals.

There was one on the Canadian natives passage about which of the following criteria would the courts likely not use in the future to decide a case between a museum and a tribe.  I put that the tribe does not have written proof of its ownership of the object.

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2005, 06:37:36 AM »
for the "implicit acceptance" question - do you remember any more details about the question or other answer choices?

I know ... I can't remember much of that question at all...

:-[

deeplight

• the flute guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2005, 06:44:54 AM »
if the author is "indefferent" to something he would not make an effort to write something about it. one author must has some point in writing a passage. in all the preptests according to my memory, not one right answer has the word "indefference" in it. it may be neutral, but not indefferent.

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2005, 06:49:24 AM »
for number 3 on the polarity passage, i think the answer might be there will be more experiement done to find out human polarization -- at least, the reason i picked it was because i remember specifically seeing in the passage that she said that research was a "tempting" area.  Of course, I'm assuming that just because it's tempting scientests will follow up on that temptation.

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2005, 06:50:31 AM »
for number 3 on the polarity passage, i think the answer might be there will be more experiement done to find out human polarization -- at least, the reason i picked it was because i remember specifically seeing in the passage that she said that research was a "tempting" area.  Of course, I'm assuming that just because it's tempting scientests will follow up on that temptation.

Agreed.

deeplight

• the flute guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2005, 06:53:40 AM »

thats right. something like mystery or tempting