Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UChicago Early Decision?  (Read 2035 times)

hartbc

• Place Personal Text Here
    • View Profile
    • Email
UChicago Early Decision?
« on: November 18, 2003, 08:58:39 PM »
I have some questions for anyone willing to answer them...

Well, first the obligatory stats and info to see if I'm aiming too high...3.55 GPA at UT Austin and 174 LSAT. Ive been teaching high school English at an inner-city public school for the past four years...

Now, for the questions...

1. Do I have a real chance of getting into UChicago? They sent me a fee waiver--is this a good sign or just a computer-generated letter sent to any person that received a certain LSAT score?

2. Do you think I should apply to UChicago early decision--it is binding!

3. For the UChicago app, should I write a different personal statement? Right now, my statement is about wanting to go into public interest law--especially in the areas of juvenile or education law--Now then, UChicago is known as an economically-minded school. Will they look at my personal statement, laugh, and say this person will not fit into our school?

4. I need to stay in Chicago. So, I want to go to the best school I can get into. Is there enough of a difference in job opportunities between Northwestern and Chicago to apply to a binding early decision agreement with UChicago?

5. Does anyone know how good UChicago is about providing financial aid?

Thanks. I know I just asked 32 questions, ok I guess it was only 5, but still...

Ivy_Hopeful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT 141
    • MSN Messenger - dduncan81@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Dduncan81
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Derryp999
    • View Profile
    • A website that I built and maintain.
Re:UChicago Early Decision?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2003, 12:16:48 PM »
Since all of your questions have been adressed previously (with exception of 5) I have some commentary to boost your ego. You sound like an extreme intellectual (you can make note of this with your writing prose) and no matter where you matriculate you will become an excellent law professor. Just take some advice from a good english student to a good english teacher. Go for the SJD (Doctor of Jurisdicial Sciences) A post doctoral degree only granted after the LLM (master of laws lauriate) given to bright self-starters such as yourself. Good luck and premptively... Congratulations!  ;D
Winners: Cooley w/$, UDM
Losers: MSU, DePaul, NYLS, UI, Georegtown, WSU, PSU, Kent, Cleavland State, ASU
In Limbo + Purgatory: N/A

Law School Numbers.com

LSD Debut UGPA 3.651 Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT October 1st, 2005: 141

hartbc

• Place Personal Text Here
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re:UChicago Early Decision?
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2003, 04:45:24 PM »
Thanks for the words of encouragement! I hope you are right!