Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Are rolling admissions going to create issues?  (Read 615 times)

vsavatar

• Sr. Citizen
  • None
    • AOL Instant Messenger - VSAvatar
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - VSAvatar
    • View Profile
    • Ken Burger's Blog
Are rolling admissions going to create issues?
« on: December 03, 2005, 03:47:03 PM »
I want to attend Wayne State Law School next year.  My GPA is a 3.87, plus I have a nice academic and career resume of scholarships, honor society memberships, and an officer's position in my school's economics club.  My practice LSAT scores are around the 156-158 range, which is the upper bound for their acceptance range.  The problem is that I'm not taking the actual LSAT until February of 06, which is right near the deadline.  The LSAC calculator calculates my chances of getting accepted to be 90-100%, but with the way rolling admissions works I'm really fearing that I couldn't get in even if I had a 180.  How much of an issue is this likely to become?
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=vsavatar

"They who would sacrifice essential liberty for a little temporary security deserve neither liberty or security." - Benjamin Franklin

ChlorasepticRelief

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yeah... you like that don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Are rolling admissions going to create issues?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 07:34:09 PM »
If you are well qualfied for a school, you should be able to get in. Most people aren't as eager to apply as LSDers are...

Heading to Indiana University, Bloomington

ChlorasepticRelief

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 07:36:10 PM »
Oh, BTW, I would guess that it would affect your scholarship chances, though I haven't looked at their policies.

!!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2005, 08:24:11 PM »
Oh, BTW, I would guess that it would affect your scholarship chances, though I haven't looked at their policies.

You should really be less of an a-hole about Cooley, even though you obviously think it's beneath you.  You could end up working for a Cooley grad.

Steve Butabi

• Sr. Citizen
  • and I was like "EMILIOOOO!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2005, 08:31:28 PM »

You should really be less of an a-hole about Cooley, even though you obviously think it's beneath you.  You could end up working for a Cooley grad.

haha what??
pm me if you're a hottie and you want to make out or whatever

ChlorasepticRelief

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2005, 08:33:13 PM »
Fixed. :D

Cooley is like a crazy uncle sometimes.. it befuddles me.

!!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2005, 08:36:23 PM »
haha what??

Bashing schools when you haven't been accepted anywhere makes you look like an asshat.     >:(

And be careful about acting elitist when so many people on this board are 170+.   ;)

Steve Butabi

• Sr. Citizen
  • and I was like "EMILIOOOO!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2005, 08:39:51 PM »
i think i read this thread before a key edit....  :P
pm me if you're a hottie and you want to make out or whatever

ChlorasepticRelief

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2005, 09:31:42 PM »
haha what??

Bashing schools when you haven't been accepted anywhere makes you look like an asshat.     >:(

And be careful about acting elitist when so many people on this board are 170+.   ;)

I'm hyped about the prospect of attending Miami... that's clearly elitist. ::)

Anyway, I'm sure Cooley has some very bright students, but their own rankings are a farce  that should be laughed at. They are a fraud for anybody who should happen to read them without looking at the criteria... I'm not a T4-hater... I'm a Cooley hater, and if you like your friendly down the street law school for some reason, good for you. I, for one, dislike Cooley immensely. Anyway, congrats on Michigan. ;)

!!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2005, 09:37:13 PM »
Anyway, I'm sure Cooley has some very bright students, but their own rankings are a farce  that should be laughed at. They are a fraud for anybody who should happen to read them without looking at the criteria... I'm not a T4-hater... I'm a Cooley hater, if you like your friendly down the street law school for some reason, good for you. I, for one, dislike Cooley immensely. Anyway, congrats on Michigan. ;)

Hahaha.  We just had this discussion the other day, I don't remember if you were in it.  Yeah, their rankings are ridiculous.  Everyone knows this.  But I live right by Cooley and know some really smart Cooley students who have good reasons to be going to that school.  I don't like it when LSDers dismiss "TTTs" as though every law student had the same goals.

But, it's good to know you're not an anti-"TTT" snob, and thanks for the congrats!