Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Syrause waitlist  (Read 1213 times)

Jerryforlaw

• View Profile
Syrause waitlist
« on: July 11, 2004, 09:12:17 PM »
Has anyone heard anything from Syracuse? Did any of you get off their waitlist? I called them so many times. They won't tell me how many people were waitlisted or how many people they would be taking from the waitlist. Any of you know anything? Thanks!  ???

ahays1

• View Profile
Re: Syrause waitlist
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2004, 01:06:14 PM »
I'm still waiting as well.  I called a couple of times.  They're always very polite--we don't have any waitlist information.....we don't know when you'll be notified....sorry we can't be more help.  I wrote a great suck-up letter and mailed it to the admissions dean about a month ago.  I guess it didn't help much.

I went to lawschoolnumbers.com and they have 3 registered users on the Syracuse WL.  I guess I'm #4 and you're #5, unless you're one of the registered users. 

Post something as soon as you hear!!!

Jerryforlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2004, 09:29:43 PM »
When I called them last week, they told me that they have been calling people from the WL, but only very few of them. I don't know if that's good or not. I guess that completely depends on how many people they will be taking from WL and if those people who got called accepted the offer or not. ???

ahays1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2004, 11:21:46 AM »
Don't you just love living in limbo?!  I have a tentative job offer, which I'd be a fool to turn down in my area.   I'd like to know this whole process is over with so I can take the  job with no regrets and get on with my life.  I'm also interested in other masters programs, but I don't want to spend the money on the GRE and app fees if I still have a shot at law school.  Syracuse is the only school I applied to.  My husband is in the Army and we're stationed in northern NY, so Syracuse is my only option.  The least they could do is call and tell us no!!

ahays1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 09:23:35 PM »
Got my official rejection from Syracuse today.  "Too many qualified applicants"  Whatever.  Apparently, they're sending out their notices now.  Good luck to everyone else! 

dgatl

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2004, 09:24:16 PM »
i think the girl i bought my bed from got off the waitlist because she had to dip from ATL to syracuse in a damn hurry