Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: POST-MORTEM December '05 - Experimental (Section 3)  (Read 6408 times)

coselmed

• View Profile
Re: POST-MORTEM December '05 - Experimental
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2005, 07:16:24 PM »
PowerScore is reporting that Section 3 is the experimental one for the December test, too:

http://www.powerscore.com/lsat/help/experimental.htm

iyl

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2005, 07:18:05 PM »

140am

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2005, 07:21:13 PM »
I had LG - LR - LG - LR - RC

First LG section: (section I)
1) dorm room appliances - which ones could be on/off
2) frikkin' farmer and his stupid fields -  linear sequencing
3) people fixing appliances - grouping
4) rock/folk bands on 6 stages - grouping

Second LG section: (section III)
1) Chores to be done - sequencing
2) roads to be plowed - sequencing
3) book club - order in which books are assigned/discussed - sequencing hybird
4) employees assigned to 3 projects - grouping

It looks like LSAC mixes up all the sections now. Since when did they do this? It used to be you could tell what the experimental was by checking to see if your section was different from your neighbors.

I had the exact same test.  The first LG was so easy to me that I can't even remember doing the farmer fields one...probably I just knew it was straight ordering/sequencing and jumped into diagramming it so fast I didn't even notice the content.  I was in the zone!  I am so pleased that the second LG section was experimental...I didn't really do the book club game at all...I guessed all "A" for it and then changed two of them to other answers that looked like they made more sense (got to that game with only 4 minutes left).  Nice to know it doesn't matter now!

TootsieRollGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2005, 07:55:29 PM »
I had LG - LR - LG - LR - RC

First LG section: (section I)
1) dorm room appliances - which ones could be on/off
2) frikkin' farmer and his stupid fields -  linear sequencing
3) people fixing appliances - grouping
4) rock/folk bands on 6 stages - grouping

Second LG section: (section III)
1) Chores to be done - sequencing
2) roads to be plowed - sequencing
3) book club - order in which books are assigned/discussed - sequencing hybird
4) employees assigned to 3 projects - grouping

It looks like LSAC mixes up all the sections now. Since when did they do this? It used to be you could tell what the experimental was by checking to see if your section was different from your neighbors.

I had the exact same test.  The first LG was so easy to me that I can't even remember doing the farmer fields one...probably I just knew it was straight ordering/sequencing and jumped into diagramming it so fast I didn't even notice the content.  I was in the zone!  I am so pleased that the second LG section was experimental...I didn't really do the book club game at all...I guessed all "A" for it and then changed two of them to other answers that looked like they made more sense (got to that game with only 4 minutes left).  Nice to know it doesn't matter now!

That was EXACTLY how the exam unfolded for me... I was happy with the first LG, and as I was doing the second LG, I was crossing my fingers that Section 3 was the experimental... I, too, am really pleased that the second LG was experimental. *pheeew*

wowand135

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2005, 08:29:08 PM »
 I have only seen one other person say that they had to RC. I hope i'm not the only one. Mine were LR LG RC RC LR  and i really hope the third section was exp.

Unsure

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2005, 08:43:00 PM »
I have only seen one other person say that they had to RC. I hope i'm not the only one. Mine were LR LG RC RC LR  and i really hope the third section was exp.

Including you, there are 6 people in this thread that said they had RC sections at 3 and 4.

There were 2 that said they had them at 2 and 4. 

wowand135

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2005, 08:55:54 PM »
 oh cool. but... i had lg at 2 and that was my only lg. that doesn't make sense i thought that everyone gets the same "real" sections.

SolarysBlue

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2005, 09:03:08 PM »
Powerscore: "However, to presume based on statistics that your test will contain section 3 as the experimental would be flawed and dangerous."

Mine wasn't. I have blocked the whole test from memory. I can't even remember the questions in LR except the ketchup/paint cans question. I have no clue how I did and I beginning not to care anymore. The lsat was such a headache.

Unsure

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2005, 09:08:14 PM »
Powerscore: "However, to presume based on statistics that your test will contain section 3 as the experimental would be flawed and dangerous."

Mine wasn't. I have blocked the whole test from memory. I can't even remember the questions in LR except the ketchup/paint cans question. I have no clue how I did and I beginning not to care anymore. The lsat was such a headache.

That quote from powerscore concerned the fact that Section three tends to be chosen most historically, but you shouldn't try to guess it prior to or during the test.

It had nothing to do with this test. Where the experimental section was 3. At least for me. And the people that Powerscore bases their material on.

iziniti

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2005, 10:52:17 PM »
how do we know the third was experimental? the first (easy) games was 22 questions-- making the total add to 100. the lsats most always add to 101.