Law School Discussion

POST-MORTEM December '05 - Logic Games

140am

• View Profile
Re: POST-MORTEM December '05 - Logic Games
« Reply #160 on: December 06, 2005, 04:58:33 AM »
omg i just started reading all the threads cuz i got home from a long trip out to take the test and meet relatives.. first page of LG is putting me into a semi-panic.. the hairdryer game, i'm pretty sure i recall the rule as hairdier cant be plugged in with tv or razor and vacuum cant with hairdryer tv or razor, which means hairdryer cant be plugged in with the vacuum either.. but i think the first post in this thread claims that the hairdryer can be? if i screwed up that rule i'd be pretty screwed for what was a really easy game. Who wants to put my fears to rest or throw me into fullblown panic?

No, you're right. The microwave was the only thing that didn't have any restrictions, and the only combo of three things you could have was microwave, tv and razor.

Oh nice.  I put down only one combination of 3 was possible.  So I got at least 1 correct on the test.  121, here I come.

You actually need more like 15-20 questions correct before you get above 120.  Sorry :)

Darn, the dream is dying before my eyes!

« Reply #161 on: December 06, 2005, 11:47:42 AM »
I've been following this thread and I think the discussion for the most part fits in with what I saw:

Folk/Rock game, definitely a time-consuming game, best setup by:

6 8 10 12
N         X
S:X

However, I just received a breakdown from Princeton Review which has the G before H rule as a "block" meaning that GH go one after the other (allowing for H to go on either stage though).

That was NOT how I read and setup the rule, I read it as strictly G comes AT SOME TIME before H.

Can anyone else confirm the block? or just the simple range?

---
Also, I was a victim of misbubbling as well. F me.  Anyone looking to take the test, or re-take: MAKE SURE YOU DOUBLE CHECK YOUR BUBBLING.

« Reply #162 on: December 06, 2005, 12:20:59 PM »
Game #4

Rules on the concert game as I remember them:

North stage: Performances at 6, 8, 10
South stage: Performances at 8, 10, 12

Folk groups: L, G, H
Rock groups: P, Q, T

G has to play sometime before H
Q has to play immediately after a folk group, but not necessarily on the same stage
If a rock group plays at 10 on one stage, a folk group cannot play at 10 on the other stage
P plays at 6 or 12
T and L play on different stages

I thought the rule read "P plays at 6 or 10" not "P plays at 6 or 12".  Anyone else remember this?  Or did I just mis-read the rules.... :-\

GGallin

• Outtawhack
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 06, 2005, 01:05:13 PM »
100% positive it was P plays at 6 or 12. Perhaps you just misrembered it?

« Reply #164 on: December 06, 2005, 01:41:14 PM »
Anyone recalling the W rule for the appliance fixing game?

RW

« Reply #165 on: December 06, 2005, 02:02:30 PM »
Also, any C's in the last game?

RW

140am

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 07, 2005, 04:40:35 AM »
Seriously, how does everyone remember all these details?

jay83

« Reply #167 on: December 07, 2005, 11:34:39 AM »
does anyone remember picking an answer in the latter part of the sequencing game (with j,k,m etc.) saying that J must come before M?>

Unsure

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 07, 2005, 11:39:43 AM »
does anyone remember picking an answer in the latter part of the sequencing game (with j,k,m etc.) saying that J must come before M?>

No. I remember the opposite, an aswer saying that J could actually come after M.

jay83

« Reply #169 on: December 07, 2005, 11:49:30 AM »
F