Law School Discussion

POST-MORTEM December '05 - Logic Games

Typhoon Longwang

• I have the power to stop an LSAT!
    • View Profile
POST-MORTEM December '05 - Logic Games
« on: December 03, 2005, 10:45:36 AM »
Game 1: Someone has five appliances, but because his wiring sucks he can't use some in combination with others.
Game 2: Crops are planted in a particular order.  Pure ordering with 8 positions.
Game 3: Six technicians repair radios, TVs, and VCRs.
Game 4: Some bands play on two stages.

Game #1:

Some kid can only have certain items plugged in inside his dorm room according to the electric company.  The items were a hairdryer, a razor, a television, a vacuum cleaner, and a microwave.

The hairdryer could not be plugged in at the same time as either the television or the razor.

The vacuum cleaner could not be plugged in with either the television, the razor, or the hairdryer...which means hairdryer cant be plugged in with the vacuum either

However, I remember that there was only one three-combo: the television, the microwave, and the razor.

The questions were mostly, "If X is plugged in then...."

Questions:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Game #2:

PGKTMHLJ which may be farm equipment

The rules were:
P and G before K

L before K before M

H and L before J

T before M

Questions:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Game #3:

I'll try to remember the repair setup, although I can't remember what they were repairing.  Radios, TVs, and VCRs?

People: S U W X Y Z

X and exactly 3 other people repair radios
Y repairs TVs and VCRs
S does not repair anything that Y repairs
S cannot repair anything that W repairs
U repairs exactly two things
Z repairs more things than Y repairs
W repaired TV's or VCR's or both

So I got:
Radios: X, Z, S, U
TVs: Y, Z, maybe X, maybe U (but not if U repairs VCRs), maybe W
VCRs: Y, Z, maybe X, maybe U (but not if U repairs TVs), maybe W

Questions:

Game #4

Rules on the concert game as I remember them:

North stage: Performances at 6, 8, 10
South stage: Performances at 8, 10, 12

Folk groups: L, G, H
Rock groups: P, Q, T

G has to play sometime before H
Q has to play immediately after a folk group, but not necessarily on the same stage
If a rock group plays at 10 on one stage, a folk group cannot play at 10 on the other stage
P plays at 6 or 12
T and L play on different stages

Questions:

************************************************************************************************

If anyone reconstructs the rules/questions for each games just PM me and I'll modify this post.  I didn't take the test so I'll need your help.

Re: POST-MORTEM December '05 - Logic Games
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 10:53:04 AM »
The first game went something like this:

Some kid can only have certain items plugged in inside his dorm room according to the electric company.  The items were a hairdryer, a razor, a television, a vacuum cleaner, and a microwave.

The hairdryer could not be plugged in at the same time as either the television or the razor.

The vacuum cleaner could not be plugged in with either the television, the razor, or the microwave (I think, I might be screwing these up).

However, I remember that there was only one three-combo: the television, the microwave, and the razor.

The questions were so easy, they were mostly, "If X is plugged in then...."

Terabithia

• Wondering and Wishing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 10:57:01 AM »
That game was soo easy. I was so happy. I hope I didn't mess it up!!

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2005, 10:58:53 AM »
I KNOW I KNOW---I kept looking at it and saying "Darn, I gotta be missing something, this game is just TOO easy"

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2005, 11:00:27 AM »
I agree that one was easy though I thought the last one was hard about the folk and rock bands because of the time overlap (two at 10). My chart initially was messed up but I think I fixed it.

The GLuck one about tone (in RC) was tacit something, right? I stupidly put the indifference one. Damnit.

matts720

• Let's Go Nova!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2005, 11:00:49 AM »
I may have missed 2 questions on the final game, the concert stage and times the bands go on, but everything else was quite easy.

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2005, 11:01:30 AM »
For me one of the LR was the experimental.  I am thinking it was the one where there was an extremely convoluted question about leadership around number 16 followed by a question on the brake features of cars.  Can someone who didn't have a LR experimental section let me know if you remember those two questions????

Casper

• Casper, the friendly Ghost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2005, 11:02:29 AM »
I guess this was done to make up for the extremely hard Oct games section. 

Terabithia

• Wondering and Wishing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2005, 11:03:26 AM »
The rock concert question did get me too!!!   :'(

And i did put tacit agrrement for that question. It was between that and Enthusiastic support. And it didn't seem that enthusiastic to me.

I actually found the October games easier. I only got 1 wrong and that was a mistake.
 In this test I had a hard time setting up the diagramme for the fourth question.

140am

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2005, 11:03:38 AM »
I had TWO games sections -- did you?  If not, then this was the real games section (the one with the hairdryer/dorm room questions)...and in that case, I just kicked some serious a$$ because it was the easiest games section ever.  The second section of games was a lot more difficult (there was one in there about books being read and also reviewed)